1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Panasonic DMR-E80HP-S media

Discussion in 'DVD recorders' started by jjk454ss, Oct 14, 2004.

1. jjk454ss

jjk454ss Member

I just purchased a Panasonic DMR-E80HP-S, and I'm wondering what media works best. I found some info about DVD-R's; Verbatim, CompUSA, TDK, Panasonic, and Memorex all got some positive comments. I am wondering what DVD-RAM discs to get, and also any more comments on DVD-R's would be appreciated too. I don't want to buy a bunch of discs I can't use. Thanks

2. jjk454ss

jjk454ss Member

Also, I am looking for a DVD player, or DVD/VCR combo, that will play DVD-R's recorded off the Recorder. Any work better than others?

3. Neils

Neils Member

I just purchased a open box DMR-E80H. I have tried using Phillips 1-8X DVD-R. Disks burn but I have freezing and pixelation. This also occurs if playing back these disks in my Pioneer Elite DVR-05.

Panasonic tech support recommends not using anything faster than 4X. They recommended Panasonic, TDK, Pioneer, Comp USA disks.

Before I go out and buy any of these, has anyone tried them on a E80?

The Comp USA disks are on sale: 50 spindle 2X for $19.99. Will these work on a E80?

Has anyone had problems with disk longevity?

Thanks..

Neil

4. lugslady

lugslady Member

Neils - I have used a lot of CompUSA disc and TDK. They both seem to work fine. I haven't tried Pioneer or Panasonic yet. Whatever you do, don't use a 2X TDK. I can't even get mine to read them. Now, after burning so many I have to get my recorder re-initialized somehow. They will hang up sometimes in other dvd players. I have a Panasonic dvd player and it seems to play right through for me.

5. Neils

Neils Member

Are you saying that you were able to use TDK 2X but now, you can't? If this is the case, is it possible that TDK changed something in their disks?

I went out to Comp USA and bought the 2X that are on sale; 50 for $19.99. Are these the same ones that have worked for you? If so, I'll try them tonight.

Thanks..

6. lugslady

lugslady Member

I have been using the TDK 4x and they work excellent for me. I tried the TDK 2x and they won't work. Maybe each player is just picky about what they use. I also have used the CompUSA 2x and they work fine.

7. Neils

Neils Member

I have burned 2 Comp USA 2X in my Panasonic DMR-E80H successfully. I hope the disks last. Nevertheless, at .40 per disk, I am going to buy more of them.

Thanks for the advice,

Neil