1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Panasonic DMRE55 Is it right choice for me?

Discussion in 'DVD recorders' started by squidney, Aug 17, 2004.

1. squidney

squidney Guest

HI,
    I'm new to this forum - I'm about to purchase a DVD recorder and I'm thinking of the DMRE55 Panasonic.
    I need to be able to backup and edit my old VHS tapes (old TV recordings) -plus record from my SKYPLUS box(i.e. hard disc recorder so I don't see a need for a DVD recorder with hard disc). It says it records DVD-RAM and DVD-R - does that mean DVD-RW as well? I would also like to be able to lend some recordings to friends so its important that its compatable with most DVD players hence the need for the DVD-R facility. I also like the idea of basic editing -i.e. cutting off excess at beginning and end of programmes and removing ads. and swapping the order of material on the disc - so does this sound like this will do all of that or would people still recommend one with a hard disc even thoughI already have the Sky product?! Many thanks.

2. r4christ

r4christ Member

Hey squid.. I just bought one and am very happy with it. My recordings have been easy to read by my families dvd players... How are you going to hook it up ? Check my question a couple threads down from yours... "dvd recorder hook up anxiety"

3. squidney

squidney Guest

thanks for the reply. I've looked at yuor other thread and I don't think that's going to be a problem - we do not have HDTV in UK yet - so as long as RGB will loop through then that should work I think!
    What about its editing capabilities?? are they good?

4. muse2

muse2 Member

Hi, I think the Panasonic brand is about the best dvd recorder you can buy. They are reliable, fairly easy to use,excellent manual, and they work consistently. I have tried 4 other brands and had horrible to mixed results. I posted a question under vcr to dvd recording, would appreciate any help with that. thanks