1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Panasonic DVD Recorder with 160 GB

Discussion in 'DVD recorders' started by siddiqir, Nov 2, 2009.

1. siddiqir

siddiqir Member

Hello, I hope some one can help

I created dozen of DVD-R (mostly songs) using Panasonic DVD recorder. I think my model number is either DMR-E95HS or DMR-E85HS

They DVD-Rs worked when I burned however they no longer work any more. When I insert the DVD-r the recorder did not recognize. I try in different DVD player no help.

I try playing DVD-r on computer however computer would not able to recognize. I used ISObuster and I noticed couple of files. They are in *.tao format.

I had made lot of other DVD-Rs (either 2x or 4x) and have no problems. The DVD-Rs with 8x seem to have problems

Not sure what went wrong. They were burned fine on Panasonic DVD recorder and I used to play them however now they are not playable any where

I think DVD-R with 8x or 16x is what the problem. If I use DVD-R 2x or 4x there are no issues

Any help? How I can retrieve data from those 8x DVD-Rs?

2. attar

attar Senior member

I've only used IsoBuster on unfinalized dvd's.

In IsoBuster, if you right click on the files do you get the option to 'Extract User Data'

3. siddiqir

siddiqir Member

Hello,

Yes, I do get an option "Extract User Data" when I right click on tao file in ISOBuster.

Please advice

4. attar

attar Senior member

If you can extract the data (and I don't know what format your files are) it may be possible to play it back with your media player.