1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PC disaster. I've lost my mouse. HELP!

Discussion in 'Windows - Software discussion' started by skywatchr, Nov 29, 2007.

1. skywatchr

skywatchr Guest

Sorry if this is the wrong category but I need urgent help here. I'm on my son's pc right now because my mouse has stopped working on my own one. My daughter was using it yesterday then switched the pc off at the wall.(she's only 6) When I switched back on the mouse wouldn't work. I tried another mouse but to no avail. All I have is the arrow in the centre of the screen. When I go to control panel the mouse file is completely empty???? It's like it doesn't exist. I'd have thought if the PC was on and I plugged a new mouse in that windows would well me I needed new HW but nothing is happening. This is wierd. Help please.

2. dragnandy

dragnandy Regular member

look for what type of mouse you have, and go and download the mouse driver. if you do not know which type it is, go to the manufacture website for the mouse and yea.

you can go on your sons computer, search up the driver and save the driver installation file onto something like a usb. then put the usb on your computer, run the installation and download the driver. see if that works out..

also, is your mouse connected through usb?? if so, try switching it with different ports and see if the port is the problem and not the mouse. well its unlikely since you said there was no hardware for it.

Last edited: Nov 30, 2007