1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PC TO HDTV Movies

Discussion in 'Home Theater PC' started by razor2003, Jan 28, 2005.

1. razor2003

razor2003 Guest

Have a pc Connected to an HDTV 60 Inch Sony Via an S-Video, Currently connected via ati radeon 7200 32meg card.

Everything works perfect. Have but one question.

Since my tv is able to view 16:9 Widescreen .
    When i play 16:9 backed up dvd's from computer. I get the 16:9 picture right in the center of the TV (ALOT of blacness at top and bottom) . I know that it can get larger, When i play directly from dvd at most theres only 2 inches at top and bottom blackness max.

Can i somehow display 16:9 format from pc to tv at fullscreen like dvd on my hdtv?

Currently im using VIdeo Lan to view movies.

Is there some software that will resize the 16:9, can i do it by myself somehow, or is there some sort of hardware i whould look into.

2. bigtaco

bigtaco Member

Look into the Tview Gold. Its a bit of hardware gadgetry that can do what your asking.

3. wolfniggr

wolfniggr Regular member

What other inputs does your Sony have for Video? Using an S-video cable to watch movies on an HDTV is like driving a Ferrari with bicycle wheels. Look into DVI, HDMI, RGB, VGA or at the very least component cables. Your setup has a lot of potential, use it to the best of its ability.

4. restart

restart Member

There's a software solution. If you have windvd or powerdvd than you could use zoom player. It's basically a front end that I use to play dvd movies on my computer. It allows you to resize the screen incrementally using a mouse or keyboard. I can zoom a picture from 16:9 to 4:3 on my computer screen. Check for zplayer on google. I've also used it with my projector. It's the only way I can resize the computer screen properly for movies.

Last edited: Feb 22, 2005