1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PC to HDtv via component or s-video

Discussion in 'PC hardware help' started by 5882300, Apr 23, 2007.

1. 5882300

5882300 Member

Hi, and thanks in advance.

I'm sure there's a way to do this... well, I'm hopefully that there's a way -- perhaps some blessed geek or audiophile can help me out.

I don't have VGA or DVI hookups on my tv. Is there a way to hook up my pc to my tv via an s-video or component cable? Thanks

2. dazila

dazila Regular member

Yes your TV needs to have either an S-Video Connection I think you know what they look like they are Round With about 6 pin holes on it.
    Or your TV must have a normal RCA which every tv made after 1994 has it its the Yellow Video Plug.
    Right next you need to have a graphics card with an S-VIdeo COnnector on it i think you do?
    Just plug the S-Video Cable into the graphics card if you just have a Yello plug on the TV you might need to use an S-Video to RCA convertor which you might have gotten with the card its a small cable very small with an S-VIdeo on one side and an RCA conncetor on the other but you will need an RCA AV cable just one with 3 coulours you know the one you connect your vcr with and most likey dvd player just plug the yellow one into the S-Video -RCA connector and plug only the yellow one into the TV.
    If your TV does have an S-VIdeo connector you have to have a normal S-Video cable to convertor if you have a full S-Video cord one with s-video plugs on both sides you are in luck just plug one side into the TV the other into your CARD.
    RCA-Composite Cables- Yellow,White,Red or just WHite and Red if you use the mono ones.

3. 5882300

5882300 Member

Thanks...
    I'm not confused about just hooking up cables, I know what the cables look like and yes, my tv supports s-video component and composite.

I'm pretty sure my pc doesn't have an s-video card, let's assume it does not. Do I have any other options besides buying a video card? Is there such a thing as a VGA to s-video/component cable? Or perhaps some sort of switcher box....?