1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PC to TV by coax cable???

Discussion in 'Home Theater PC' started by pmaknelho, Mar 7, 2007.

1. pmaknelho

pmaknelho Regular member

I've got a 15 year old 50" Zenith in my living room upstairs. I was thinking of running a coax from my computer in the basement to play video files. Anyone do something like this? Will the picture be choppy? or will it look like normal TV? What kind of adaptor/card will I need? Right now I have a VGA and DVI where as my TV has coax and analog. Keep in mind I'm going to need 25-40 feet of cord. What are my options

2. Indochine

Indochine Regular member

Something like this should do the trick. That long cable run might degrade the picture somewhat. Also it does not carry the audio, that would need a separate lead from your PC audio output to the TV audio input. You'll be running up and down the stairs as well since controlling the PC is going to be a problem. Can you afford a laptop?

CONVERT PC (VGA) SIGNAL TO NTSC or PAL VIDEO (RCA, OR S-VIDEO)

http://www.starkelectronic.com/pi4925.htm

[​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 8, 2007
  3. pmaknelho

pmaknelho Regular member

Can't get a laptop just built a $900 tower. I also found a s-video on my TV. Is sound transmitted through s-video? If so I have a s-video I'm not using on my video card that should do the trick.

What is some good HTPC software to play TV shows movies etc. Couldn't I theoretically program about 10 hours of stuff to watch until I fall asleep and the reschedule the stuff I missed the next day? Limit myself to running downstairs once a day?

Last edited: Mar 9, 2007
  4. behrad

behrad Regular member

Sorry S video does not carry Audio signals :(

5. Indochine

Indochine Regular member

LIke I said myself on 8th March