1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PhilipsDVDR75 Problem - Please Read and Reply

Discussion in 'DVD players' started by DVDDemon, Aug 24, 2003.

1. DVDDemon

DVDDemon Member

Philips DVDR75 won't allow decrypter to copy the BUP file. All other files copy but that file stalls and gives you the I/O error message. Also, won't let shrink to do anything. It analyzes the disc on the very first read, then microsoft gives you the closing DVD Shrink error message and closes the program. If you retry, it automatically goes to the error message and closes. Do you think Philips put a bug in the backup program to keep it from being ripped? Decrypter only has a problem copying the BUP file which is the backup. Opinions please.

2. Oriphus

Oriphus Senior member

How exactly are you linking the Standalone to your PC, if that is what you are doing? Do you have a PC DVD Writer as well?

3. DVDDemon

DVDDemon Member

Sorry about the double posting. The standalone is connected to the tv and vcr. The disc created from the VHS to DVD transfer won't copy BUP file using Decrypter and won't do anything with Shrink. I'm taking your advice from the other post and gonna try TMPGEnc...although I'm not at all familiar with using that program. Here's another journey for the kid! Your opinion on what's going on with the Philips standalone...

4. Oriphus

Oriphus Senior member

Make sure to download the right TMPGEnc program - not plue, but DVD Author - get it in my signature under user guides.

5. lucky9

lucky9 Member

My philips does the same thing. Copied from vcr to dvd and got error message. I use Roxio easy cd creator to copy, and I noticed that if you set it to "NEVER CACHE" it will copy most of the time. I only use the Philips now for Satellite recordings. Too unpredictable.

6. DVDDemon

DVDDemon Member

Solved the problem...returned the dang Philips and got a Panny. It only burns DVD-R but at least it does what it's supposed to do.