1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Phillips DVP642 problem with sound

Discussion in 'DVD players' started by ZeroX114, Dec 28, 2004.

1. ZeroX114

ZeroX114 Member

Hi,
    ok I'm having around 3 problems with my DVD Phillips DVP642/37: Sound, image and subbing problem. I'm not going to ask for the subbing because many people have already mentionned it and i know whats the problem so why bother. But the main problem with me is the sound.

1- I was playing an anime but the sound keeps coming and going. I hear the sound for around 40 seconds then it cuts for 10 sec and then the sound comes for another 40 seconds and so on.

2- This problem has sound and image problems merged. Another DVD that the dvd was playing it had an image problem where the image is lagging and there was completly no sound. It's weird because I tried another video on the SAME DVD and it worked absolutly fine.

3- An image problem: I insert a movie DVD and there was many pixelation.

For #3, i think upgrading the firmware to 1109 will fix the problem because some1 has already mentionned this type of problem and said that the firmware fixed it. But I'm afraid of upgrading the firmware so it will messes up something else.

Is there a way to fix the problems #1 & #2 without resizing the videos before burning them? Anyone had the same problem but upgrading the firmware helped?

Please help

2. bobwarden

bobwarden Member

No sound on DVP642. This can sometime be fixed by running virtualdub with direct copy options on viedo and audio.
    See http://dvp642-information.tripod.com/ for various ways to fix audio problems such as no audio, out of sync, also subtitle info.