1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

pioneer dvr-a04

Discussion in 'DVD players' started by murphy, Oct 28, 2002.

1. murphy

murphy Guest

My question is how long does it normally take to burn 1 min of mpeg2 (45 MB ) on a -RW disk?I have tried several burning progs and it takes on average 13 minutes. Is this normal?I capture 1 min of video,edit and render.Iam only putting in a title, no menus or chapters.I tried burning directly from studio 8--13 mins. I saved files to disk and burned with nero--13 mins.I burned with vob--13 mins.I will try testing 1 hour to see how long it takes.What is the average time for 60 mins?, 120 mins? Thanks
    xp athlon 1600
    k7s5a mb
    40 gig maxtor 7200 rpm
    60 gig maxtor 7200 rpm
    pioneer dvr-a04
    ati all-in-wonder
    soundblaster live
    512 megs ddram
    pioneer dvd-rw disk

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 29, 2002
  2. taq

taq Member

Hi,

hmm that does seem a bit long, but it depends what you are doing. If you are doing a test, burn and verify all of the opening and closing of disk bits (which take about a minute) all add up.

A bit more info on computer specs, software, media etc would be handy :eek:)

Cheers,
    Ed

3. virusag13

virusag13 Member

It is based off how much information is present, not on the length of the video. I have the same drive as you and a 4.7 disc takes 1 hour and a 4.7 2x takes about 30 minutes. Make sure you are not testing then burning the disc. Test time takes time.