1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pioneer Issue

Discussion in 'Receivers and amplifiers' started by Pharoh, Dec 1, 2004.

1. Pharoh

Pharoh Member

i have an issue with my pioneer receiver, keeps cutting off and front speaker channels do not work. how can i fix this.

2. BigJun

BigJun Member

What do you mean by pioneer receiver, keeps cutting off? Is it the speakers? If so how do you have the speaker's wire connected to the receiver? If anything it sounds like you connected the wires for the speakers wrong. You have to use banana plugs.

3. Pharoh

Pharoh Member

no its a pioneer vsx-d308 whern volume is turned up past a quater of the way it cuts off, not the speackers the receiver just cuts off the screen goes black then it cuts back on after a few seconds.

4. BigJun

BigJun Member

Okay I found out about that receiver. The problem you have is normal. I guess it wasn't meant to perform at a certain level. This is what I found out about the pioneer d308. Weaknesses:
    Not Precise Volume Control, Scratchy Volume, Receiver clips at low volumes

5. Pharoh

Pharoh Member

but what about the channels that dont work surround sound channels only the center channel and the front speakers work, and i really doubt that it is normal for the receiver to just cut off unless it might blow the speakers which in my case is not going to happen the speakers are over the amount of wattage that can be put out by this receiver. i think its just time for new one, pioneer sucks.