1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pioneer Player Problem with DVDx Copy

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by p23185, May 9, 2004.

1. p23185

p23185 Member

I have sucessfully made backup copies of DVDs (-r) and have found that I cannot get them to play on Pioneer Model DV353. The same disk will play on various PC software players, my Toshiba SD-2800, Sony DVP-NS425P, and older Zenith with no problems. Does anyone know if this Pioneer Player will not read a DVDx Copy DVD-R for some reason? The player WILL play my own home videos created on the same PC using Studio 8, MyDVD, and a Memorex dual format burner with no problems. Very confusing why just this one player will not work.

2. Nephilim

Nephilim Moderator Staff Member

Hi,

Sounds like a slight disagreement between your DV353 and Xcopy. I haven't used Xcopy in a dog's age because I don't care for it but it may be worth your while to check out DVD Shrink and DVD Decrypter both of which are free and simply awesome at backing up DVDs.

If you need more help for Xcopy, try our Xcopy forum here:

http://dvdxcopy.afterdawn.com/

3. p23185

p23185 Member

Thanks for the advice. I have used DVD Decryptor but am unsure of where to go after the 4 or 5 vob files have been decrypted. Like I have done in the past, I then add these open vob files into MyDVD, which seems to work but a rather lengthy process. Is that you you do?