1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pissed at www.modchip-store.com

Discussion in 'Xbox - Hardware mods' started by aykfc, Apr 1, 2005.

1. aykfc

aykfc Member

Wow, I got my xenium SPice chip after 3 hours of trying to align the wires one snapped. Ironically right after that the other 4 lit up. The next day I sodered the wire back on, put the chip in, got all the wires on, then i put the chip on... turned the system on frag. I kept dicking with it for 4 days and yesterday relized that on the adaptor... that goes into the LPC on the mb... one of the pins snapped off. I know I didnt do this, and if it fell off before it was in the mb. I have checked the slots and that pin is not in there. I was in the middle of emailing them back and forth on there help page, well now that page wont come up. It is complete crap. I would be cautious buying from there.

2. Macdawgg

Macdawgg Regular member

Okay a few things first you say that one of the pins snapped off and you didn't do it-that's hard to beleive I mean its just not that fragile. 2. The stores site may have been down but if you click this link you'll see that its up again.-http://www.modchip-store.com/chips.html. And i guess from reading your post its the old story of point the blame at everyone but myself(lol)

3. chipXBOX

chipXBOX Member

i belive you m8
    i got ripped off from this site,i would recomend everyone not to use it

i had 7 chips

only 3 worked,i checked the bios but there wasnt one lol

i even asked for a refund or replacment but they dont even refund the chips!!!!!!!

to be totaly honest i think these chip are copys and not the origenal.

they start falling to bits when you toutch them.

well its deffently not me iv been chipping and upgradeing since the xbox as been out.

there are a lot more better site's out there and this is one i dont trust and never give them anouther penny

!!!!!!!!!!!!ROB DOGS COME TO MIND!!!!!!!!!!

4. chipXBOX

chipXBOX Member

well after checking my bank account they charged me for 10 chips,
    but only got 7,and wich only 3 worked :S
    hmmmmmmmm,iv been robbed in every way going !!!!
    watch this froud site !!!!!!!!!

5. aykfc

aykfc Member

Well, my chip does not work, but the tech support on this site has been very good. I am pleased with the support on the site. My friend knows someone who mods xbox's and if I can, I am going to take my xbox to him and get it tested and everything. If, the chip does not work, and i got screwed, I am going to put a stop on the payment. I do not believe though, that they are fakes. I have looked at that diagram, and would a fake xenium by fragging? Another thing, before I bought from this site I did research on it, and most people were pleased. I am very pissed at them right now, but tech support has been good to me, so I will let you know if I get this resolved. By the way, how much should a installer charge to install a xenium SPice?

6. doyinge

doyinge Member

i'm having a problem with them as well. i ordered an xbox and it doesn't even work. and they won't respond to my emails or calls. does anyone still have the original box with their return address on it?

7. chipXBOX

chipXBOX Member

8. aykfc

aykfc Member

Ok heres what happened. My chip would not install solderlesly so I found someone in my area and would charge 25 to put it in. I took it too him, and previously on my 1st xbox I had attempted to mod it, and i didnt do good. The soder was around the pinheader and stuff. I was stupid and turned it in and it just fragged. I gave him the xbox, he cleaned the stuff off, and put it in... turned the xbox on.... and it wouldnt. Now, one time I took the board out too just see what i have and get familiar, I put it back and it would not turn on. I dont know why, but I started jiggling stuff, and moving it around and it did. I got another xbox, took it to him he got it modded and he called me, he said the chip would never turn off so I could not get on live... now when I went to the tech support on this site, they laughed at him but this guy has been doing it for 2 years, and not one complaint. This guy charged me 15 dollars because it wasnt fully working, and he did it on 2 xboxs. This guy was excellent, and if you live in arizona let me know and ill give you some information on this guy. What I decided too do, was put the chip on and tape the DO wire to the metal casing to ground it. Then if I wanted to boot up normally id unhook the DO, and take the chip off, a pain in the ass. Now, i tested my other xbox and it turned on... the problem before on that one was that i deleted my dashbaord so I needed a chip to fix it. So, since it was already ready to be modded I put that chip on there... and already the chip was kind of acting up wouldnt turn on a lot and such. Anyways, I put the chip on it just fragged... i put the chip back on my other xbox and it would just frag..this was my working one. The DO was grounded and everything. I went on tech support and they kept blaming the installer, but I know it wasnt him. I need to send it back too them, and I am going to exchange it for an executer. But, what I dont like is the fact they have to test it and if it works... theres 15 dollars. Which I will definetly argue about it. Now, maybe I just got the 1 in a million defective chip i dont know, but ill see... tech support has been pretty good though although I havnt had an answer to my problem.

9. chipXBOX

chipXBOX Member

to be really honnest i think they are right in what they say,if you have one default chip there will be thousands as they are printed in bulk orders.

only thing i can say is check the tracks on the chip may be didnt get printed write

what i think is your installer is useing crap cheep solder with a lot of led in it,
    cheep solder makes the job a lot harder.

so really yup your installer if its not the tracks.....

10. aykfc

aykfc Member

What does printing the chip in bulk have to do with anything? And a few times the chip got burning hot, what about that

11. chipXBOX

chipXBOX Member

should really use a pin header giving space between the mainboard and the chip.

what model xbox is it,and are you sure its not a 1.5,if so an extra 2 wires need installing if there not then they will blow the chip,
    cos it isnt earthed.