1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Playback helppp

Discussion in 'Video playback problems' started by paramoree, Dec 19, 2007.

1. paramoree

paramoree Member

I'm having heaps of trouble playing this video which is an avi. I'm using a Mac and trying to play the video through Quicktime, and whenever I click on the file it says I need to download some additional thing to play it, and it sends me to the Quicktime site. There's a list of stuff there but I have no idea which one to download!

It still lets me play the video, but it starts and stops often and the picture shakes. There's also no sound. Is there anything I can do to fix it? I got the video from Xtorrent, if that helps at all. I'm not sure if that means it's an Xvid or not?

Maybe the video is just like that and there's nothing I can do.. but if there is, please let me know.

2. philzone

philzone Regular member

any video file you dl that wants you to get their codec or player should be deleted immediatly! (assuming you have basic codecs installed) its probably loaded with a virus, or ad/spyware. also, the ones that have password protected archives are not safe.
    Perhaps, it is fine, and needs a plugin or something, but i wouldnt take the chance.

3. paramoree

paramoree Member

Oh really? Wow I had no idea, thanks! I'll just find another download or something.

Thanks heaps :)