1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Playback problem I get background music but no voices

Discussion in 'Video playback problems' started by Nitemover, Jun 4, 2003.

1. Nitemover

Nitemover Member

Hi all, I hope this isn't a repeat post but I am pulling my hair out trying to figure this one out. A couple of days ago I was watching HEAT in avi format in WMP9 in XP Pro and put it on pause for a few minutes while I was on the phone. When I came back I had lost all the voices except for background? I get the music and background sounds perfectly but no voice at all when the actors are talking. Talk about annoying! The bad part is now EVERY file I try no matter what player I use, WMP, real, Divx all do the same thing. I had had some problems over the past month with XP so I formated the entire C drive and reinstalled everything from scratch hoping that would solve the problem but to no avail, even with just XP and divx installed it still has the same problem. I have installed every audio codec I could find and have Divx 505 bundle installed but no go. I have adjusted the codec settings for Stereo, etc but nothing works. I did run the files in VirtualDub and it works correctly but there has to be a better answer than redubbing all of my files. I am a newbie at this codec/divx world so I am not sure what to do next. I have checked all the hardware and it works perfectly in all other software (I am a PC technician by trade so I am sure of what I speak on that)but this answer is completely driving me nuts. Please help before the guys in the white coats come to take me away! Thanks in advance.

Nightmover

2. bengo

bengo Member

Sorry i cant help you but sorrier still no one else has looked in on you. good luck!