1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Playing DVD movies in PS2

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by samkaine, Apr 30, 2005.

1. samkaine

samkaine Guest

hey everyone this is my first post so plz don't flame.

Anyway I'm new to burning DVDs and I'm having a problem. When I copy a DVD from an original my ps2 plays it fine, but when I author my own I get the message "Tv does'nt match". Does anybody know what's causing this or if I'm doing something? Also in some dvd players the dvd movie skips like bad tracking on a vhs. Is this the decoder or something else I'm doing wrong?

2. cuteperv

cuteperv Regular member

About the authoring part, u might want to recheck all the requiremens b4 u do it. And 4 the part of movie skipping, probably the disc u use to back up the movie is bad. It can b either generic brand, or a bad brand (Memorex and Imagtion, TDK r the worst, dont use them). I used memorex to make copy of the Garfield movie and my sister's dvd player skips like crazy. Then iswitched to Ritek G04 and it plays like the original dvd.

3. Snooze198

Snooze198 Member

im still stuck with this problem. I use memorex dvd's and I never had a problem with them. But, when I recopy cd's I cant get them to work on my PS2 any ideas?

4. Rotary

Rotary Senior member

hi

@ samkaine it could be bad disc as mentioned? or are you trying to compress alot more than a dvd film when you do your own? what app did you use? ps2 may not cope aswell as sandalone player for menus etc

@ Snooze198 use dvd decrypter on iso read then iso write = done!

5. michigan

michigan Guest

If you have an older PS2 it will only read -R discs

6. cuteperv

cuteperv Regular member

I heard ppl saying that there are bad pressed Original movie. So may be the original one you copy from is a bad one. Try exchaning it for another movie.

7. samkaine

samkaine Guest

Thanks for the help, but
    when I copy a movie from an original it works fine. I should have mentioned that the movies I download in avi form are the ones that are giving me problems in some dvd players and all ps2. I've been using divxtodvd, but I was using tmpenc and all the progs from the tutorial on afterdawn.com and they still only played in some dvd players and no ps2.
    But copys I make from originals work perfectly in every dvd player and ps2 I've tried so far.

8. Rotary

Rotary Senior member

hi

try useing Avi2dvd it will take longer but uses professional encoders - 4 built in - use Hcenc if you have CCE thats a 5th you can use!

so it may just be what you need!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

9. mikey_ray

mikey_ray Guest

YEAH thats the problem
    your ps2 wont understand it cause a ps2 in america is ntsc not pal
    so author it again and make sure your stting is to output at ntsc

10. samkaine

samkaine Guest

thanks for tip. I'll try it out and let you know how it worked

11. samkaine