1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Playing DVD's on other players

Discussion in 'DVD recorders' started by ECW, Jan 2, 2005.

1. ECW

ECW Member

Hi all. I asked this in another thread but got no answer. My question is how do I get my DVD's that I recorded on my Emerson EWR10D4 to play on my PC and other stand alone players? They play back fine on the Emerson but not on anyting else. I get "unreadable data" and "bad disc" errors when trying to play them. Can someone please help? TIA

2. ECW

ECW Member

Just wanted to say "thanks anyway". I found the problem. Everything works fine now. For anyone else with this player/problemm make sure set in Video mode NOT VR Mode.

3. freida

freida Member

Hi, I'm so new at this I shouldn't answer but here goes. I think that the reason you can't see the disc you recorded is because the DVD desk you are trying to play it back in doesn't excect the format it was recorded it. I tryed to do the same thing.

I recorded in +RW and then tryed to play it back in a old (one of the first) DVD players. It did not work. I think it reads -R format only.

Isn't this very confusing? That's why I bought a LiteOn cause it reads and write all of those formats. I think?

Freida

4. ECW

ECW Member

Hi Freida. My problem was that I recorded the disc in VR Mode. I changed it to Video Mode and now they play in my Apex stand alone as well as on my PC. Yes, you are correct. This IS very confusing! But with the help of nice people like you and others in this great forum, it sure helps a lot! Happy Recording!! :)