1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Playing my Ripped Games

Discussion in 'Nintendo Gamecube - General discussion' started by scotswahe, Jan 2, 2005.

1. scotswahe

scotswahe Member

Hey - So i have had the bba and pho for a while now, i got crazy taxi and ikarugu working ages ago, and had failed at gettin any of my own ripped games to play. So - found some time now, and came back to it - nice to see lots of new software etc and new builds of phoenix. so , full of optimism, i ripped metroid prime again, and that was fine - perfect. However, now i want to stream it back (im only using phoenix here v2.5 build 180) - i have tried every combination of loaders and servers possible i think lol - and the one which seemsto get farthest is pheonix, with acl1.2. This one actually sends some data - gets past the loading of the loader screen, sends data then crashes into darkness once more. Struggling to find reason for my failings - im using a router - pc 192.168.0.2 - gc 192.168.0.5 all using patch cable - confident all that works fine judging by the fact i just ripped a 1.2 gig file of metroid prime from the gamecube first time!

Is Metroid Prime just not compatible? I cannot find a compatibility list if someone can point me in the direction of one i would be very much oblidged.

Any help would be fantastic lads

Thanks a lot

Andy

2. johnodd4

johnodd4 Guest

metroid prime is one game people have had a lot of trouble with streaming i just gave up and tried streaming mario party instead

3. scotswahe

scotswahe Member

wicked ty man thats good news

4. scotswahe

scotswahe Member

Ok - so i just tried ripping soul calibur 2 - ripped perfectly again - Yet i get EXACTLY the same results as with metriod prime - what am i doing wrong!

5. johnodd4

johnodd4 Guest

you problem may be that your network adapter may not be fast enough to support the information being sent to and from the gamecube i had to upgrade my network adapter just to stream games

i had lag lockout's frezzes everything under the sun then i just decided to upgrade my network adapter and it took care of a lot of problems but really cost me loads of $$$$ to get it working well

6. scotswahe

scotswahe Member

Dont think this is the problem - running at 10/100 mbps, perfect network tbh, it doesnt even get as far as streaming the games!

7. johnodd4

johnodd4 Guest

im running at 20/200 with my network adapter because my computer is a dell poweredge server so my computer is packing out some major power

8. scotswahe

scotswahe Member

In all honesty that is not the problem i dont think!

9. johnodd4

johnodd4 Guest

you really need to check the connection speed of your network if your network connection speed is to slow you may need to get it fixed

also what operating system are you running

windows xp has a high tendency to slow down network connections you need to make sure your computer is connecting at the full 100 mps if it isn't your computer will have one hell of a time trying to stream games have fun>>>> if this doesn't work then im out of idea's on what it could be

have you removed all the garbage data out of the backed up image or not?

if you did you may have coruppted your file

10. scotswahe

scotswahe Member

Nah i aint touched it - im seriously sure its not a network issue!

11. morphx

morphx Member

scotswahe,your ngc and pc ip is set wrong,it's suppost to be set to (GC) "192.168.1.32" (pc) "192.168.1.100" I can stream metroid prime 2 fine with these settings,no reason why you can't,change those settings and you should be ok ,i an using phenoix 2.50 ;0)

Last edited: Jan 20, 2005
  12. scotswahe

scotswahe Member

I will try that thanks man, but essentially it shouldnt matter wot your ip is as long as they both know what each others is - its a really weird problem if it was an ip problem then it wouldnt be able to rip the games in the first place would it?

13. morphx

morphx Member

dude,everyone that streams has their ip's set all those settings,except you and your saying it should'nt matter?

I think you should take more advice instead of going against the grain and do it the right way instead of doing it your way,it's obvious your trying to ignore how it is suppost to be done,i've just been into the gc scene about 1 week,being i just bought a gc 5 days ago and i have over 10 different forums with the same tutorials and they all have ip settings like mine" PC IP address192.168.1.100 |
    NGC IP address to 192.168.1.32

well,good luck :0)

14. scotswahe

scotswahe Member

do you have msn - if so please add me, renegadeandy@hotmail.com - id like to talk to you

Thanks a lot mate

Andy

15. indienemo

indienemo Guest

check out: www.gc-compat.com