1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Playing PAL PS2 games on an NTSC PS2

Discussion in 'User submitted guides' started by nrk4594, Oct 31, 2004.

1. Roxanne_

Roxanne_ Member

nice stuff

2. pablongon

pablongon Member

I have succesfully patched this game, by using the above method. Just some changes i will like to explain further, because i burned 3 DVD's the wrong way.

There are actually 3 "ELF" files:
    -sc2a.elf
    -sc2b.elf
    -and SLES_521.49

Each one of them is for some features of the game.

SLES, for example, is for the starting screen. That explains why if you only patch the .iso file (this will only patch the sles), the starting screen will be OK, but the main game and the menu will still be jumpy (and in PAL).

What you need to do is to patch all 3 ELF files:

1) Extract the files:
    In order to do this, you must open the image with isobuster, extract all the files to a folder in your pc (in the right order in which they are on isobuster), and then run pal2ntsc.

2) Patch the files:
    -Run pal2ntsc.
    -Leave the "Y-FIX OFFSET" in 48, and uncheck PN selector.
    -You must then browse for your folder in which you copied the files, and in the bottom right corner, where it says "CD/DVD image (*iso, *bin)", you must choose "elf". Select the 3 ELF files, one by one, and click "patch file". The SLES file will have an "y-fix" error, and the y-fix of that file will be aborted, which will determine the opening screen of the game to have a black screen on top. That's ok, because the game itself will be allright (because of what i explained above).

3) Remount and bur
    Once you have all 3 ELF files patched, then, open nero burning rom, choose DVD (UDF/ISO) (the bottom option), and you must drag all the files in the order they showed up in isobuster. Last, you must burn the DVD at 4X speed top (i strongly suggest this).

That's all, I hope this helps people to save some DVD's, don't give up on pal2ntsc, it's a great program.

Thank's to eleazarm, who maked me believe it was possible.

3. ilcmdme

ilcmdme Regular member

I plan to try this.

Last edited: Mar 9, 2010
  4. Larz404

Larz404 Member

Anyone have a link to get the latest version of PS2 PAL TO NTSC PATCHER WITH Y-FIX?

Thanks

5. Larz404

Larz404 Member

Anyone have a link to get the latest version of PS2 PAL TO NTSC PATCHER WITH Y-FIX?

Thanks