1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Playing the DS while charging

Discussion in 'Nintendo DS' started by xDSgamerx, Dec 7, 2007.

1. xDSgamerx

xDSgamerx Guest

Hello fellow dsers. is it an issue if you occupy your ds while being connected to the charger? is that going to damage the battery in any way. thanks.

2. bob33

bob33 Member

no its not bcause i play it while charging

3. dragnandy

dragnandy Regular member

i think it does ware down the battery when you play while charging. not by much though, but if you do it all the time then yea, the battery will get weaker. overtime the battery will get weaker anyways. i think its kind of like a laptop batter, when your on the laptop while its charging , its killing the battery slowly.

the battery will still be working fine, just wont have as long of a life as it did when it was new.

4. RustyMG

RustyMG Member

The battery is not NiCad, so there is no issue with the battery "remembering" the charge point (far to long and boring / geeky subject to explain here - see wickpedia or summat), so its okay to play as you charge - all batteries of any type over time gradually fail to hold the charge it originally could - any flick thru any Apple Ipod forums about their batteries will bear this out. Even if the battery does die, you can get replacement batteries that hold double the charge of the originals on Ebay and Amazon for as little as £4.50, so its not exactly a crisis.

5. kwells

kwells Guest

It will charge more slowly then it does when it is turned off and i find that it over heats faster. Either then that, i dont see any problems playing with it while it is charging