1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

playing xbox using capture card

Discussion in 'Xbox - General discussion' started by gtr226, Sep 3, 2004.

1. gtr226

gtr226 Member

sorry if this is in the wrong place but hopefully someone can answer my question...

i just purchased the ATI TV Wonder Pro Remote Control Edition but when i play xbox on it the controller response seems off. when i plug it into a regular tv it's fine but i don't know what i can do about this problem. is there any software or hardware i can use or something... anything... thanks

2. gtr226

gtr226 Member

bump... can someone please help? playing games is next to impossible

3. yankeered

yankeered Regular member

now on my ati card i use the "composite setting" in setup/video/connector i have my xbox connected to the
    blue connector, all three rca's
    i havn't had a problem with lag with xbox but i do get lag sometimes with tv but i can hit the button on the show controls, the button on far left it should be the circle with line in it and not the box, this is the tv on demand fuction

4. worldrave

worldrave Member

Yeah, make sure you are using overlay, else it will be showing you buffered footage. IE- Recording enough to buffer, then showing you whats buffered, but continuously. That's the easiest explanation i can give of what that means. Using overlay (it should support it, nVidia does at least-what i use, ATI should be similar in function) plays in realtime the input source, instead of playing back the buffered video/audio. I discovered this myself a couple years back when i got my GF4 with input capture capability.

5. gtr226

gtr226 Member

well i have a geforce fx5600 256mb... my monitor is plugged into that. the rca plugs from the xbox plug into a little box with rca inputs and an svideo input that runs to the capture card. i've tried messing with all the refresh rates, colors, everything... if its in that nvidia menu thing i've changed it but no luck. i couldn't find any overlay config for the ati program and the only thing that mentions overlay on the nvidia menu has to do with zoom or something. my xbox works fine on a regular tv. the biggest issue i have is when playing halo the crosshair movement is laggy. i'm actually really pissed off about this because i bought it so i could just take one component to college instead of having to lug a tv in too. but so far my antenna doesn't pick up any tv stations and my xbox doesn't play too well on it. waste of 100 bucks if i can't get this to work...

any more ideas? thanks