1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Plays on Computer but not Sony player what's up

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by BJDJ, Mar 20, 2005.

1. BJDJ

BJDJ Member

What is the deal when a CD is copied it and works on computer but only intro plays on Sony player. After intro there is nothing. Very Boo Hoo

2. andmerr

andmerr Guest

From your question you havent given us much to go on.How about you tell us what you used to burn with/cd brand/pc stats and anything else that you think we may need to know.Then we might be able to formulate a proper response for you

3. Rotary

Rotary Senior member

hi

probably many many many things, but as we dont know what you did, i have no idea????????

4. BJDJ

BJDJ Member

Thanks for your patience as I am a total Newbie.

I use 'Fast DVD Copy 1.0.1" on a Mac G-4 Desktop with OS 10.0.3 and all three steps seem to go perfectly. It tells me the burn was successful. Then I take the DVD (Maxell DVD -R Single side DR47) to Sony DVP-NS315 DVD player and push play. The intro that plugs the movie company (TRI-STAR or whatever) plays fine, but then nothing. No menu, no nothing. But the DVD plays perfectly on the Mac G-4. Any suggestions. Thank you VERY much for your help.

5. bbmayo

bbmayo Active member

Do you have any other DVD players you can try the disk on.. A friend or something maybe?

You may need to experiment with a certain media brand until you find one your player agrees with.

This site may be of some use to you http://www.videohelp.com/dvdplayers...h&Search=Search&country=&orderby=Name&hits=25

you can read through there and see what others have had sucess playing in that player. I don't see any mention of Maxell DVD-R however there are some who played the +R fine.. Actually though that player sound picky on what it will and wont play.. :-(

6. BJDJ

BJDJ Member

I can take the DVD to a store and try it on various brands of players but I still need to find out what media works with the Sony player. Could get expensive. Mabye cheaper to get different player. I wonder if there is any literature on burned media/player compatibility. Thanks bb

Anybody else have input on this

7. BJDJ

BJDJ Member

Whoops. Did not see the link to compatibility site. Thanks Much

8. BJDJ

BJDJ Member

Should I use -R DVDs or +R DVDs?

9. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

try +r as might have better compatibility if i remember correctly

10. BJDJ

BJDJ Member

Thanks DDP. Is finding a brand strictly hit or miss or is there a way to narrow it down. Perhaps a brand compatibility chart? If I have to get a new player is there a cheap one that tends to be compatible with the most media brands?

11. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

check to see what player you want than use the list to see how the disks play or not

12. bbmayo

bbmayo Active member

BJDJ ,
    If you read the reviews by others that have your same DVD player from the link I provided you would see that most people had better luck with the +R's. It also looks like a lot just had trouble period with that player all together.

If you go to WalMart and buy the cheapest DVD player they have there it will 99% of the time play everything you throw in it.. :)

13. andmerr

andmerr Guest

the type that plays everything are the ones that are straight out of Asia and china., .Brand names like Hifu and tongtel for example

14. Rotary

Rotary Senior member

hi

i bought 3 real cheapo players (no name brand) all work great on dvdr!