1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

please help don't know what this is?

Discussion in 'Windows - General discussion' started by comprun, Apr 4, 2007.

1. comprun

comprun Guest

This comes up on my desktop everytime i start my comp now. It started happening after windows did an update for me.

RTHDCPL.EXE Illigal System DLL Relocation

The system user32.dll was relocated in memory. The application will not run properly. The relocation occured because the Dll c:/windows/system32/HHCTRL.OCX occupied an address range reserved for windows system DLLs. The vendor supplying the DLL should be contacted for a new DLL.

(thanks anyone who helps)

2. Indochine

Indochine Regular member

This is a recent Windows update because of that animated cursor threat.

The update breaks some programs. RTHDCPL.EXE is part of Realtek Audio Control Panel. The Windows update conflicts with it.

You need to go here

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/935448/

And download the Hotfix and read the instructions.

How's that for a fast reply?

Last edited: Apr 4, 2007
  3. Nephilim

Nephilim Moderator Staff Member

comprun,

Let's use a more descriptive thread title next time - forum rules ask that you do ;)

4. Indochine

Indochine Regular member

Yes, comprun, this would have been a good title, and might have got you an answer (even) sooner:

Problem: RTHDCPL.EXE Illegal System DLL Relocation

It might be reverse psychology - I mean, when I trawl through the unanswered questions, if the title is descriptive, often I have a good idea whether I can help or not, without even reading the question. if it says "Help PLZZZZZ" or "Comp dont work" or "Whot iz thiss?", often curiosity gets the better of me and I read the question and end up answering it.

But it's not helpful to others who might have the same problem later. they won't be able to share any help given because they won't see the topic of the query.

So share the problem by putting it in your title.

Last edited: Apr 4, 2007