1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Please Help I have Major Encoding problem

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by Vibes501, Mar 22, 2007.

1. Vibes501

Vibes501 Member

Hi,

Basically I cant encode anything nemore. I usually use Dvdsanta or Tmpgenc. I like to use DVDsanta mainly as it does everything for me. My problem is everytime my computer started to encode my programs crash and it says "Sorry for inconvienience but this porgram has experienced an unexpected error and needs to close" also asks if i want to send report.

Windows says its a codec problem and i think i may have meesed my comp up with too many codec but i have no idea how to get rid as I am a bit of a noob. Anyone know if its possible for me to delete all codec and start fresh? or anything else i can do?

2. 300bowler

300bowler Regular member

have u tried using the system restore function?

3. Vibes501

Vibes501 Member

I dont know where it originated so cant as might mess up other programs =C

4. rbrock

rbrock Regular member

Just go back to a day it was runnig good on system restore

5. mistycat

mistycat Active member

If System Restore fails, your codecs may be at Add and Remove at Control Panel. If you are able to remove them, and I know codec packs are frowned on but I have been using the Kazza Lite (standard) codec pack for years with no problems and no file that wouldn't open. That or the Kazaa Lite (full) codec pack should be all you ever need: http://home.hccnet.nl/h.edskes/mirror.htm Various packs contain mostly players, etc. accounting for size.