1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PLEASE HELP ME WITH DVD SANTA?!!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by jocallan, Nov 26, 2004.

1. jocallan

jocallan Member

I successfullt converted and burnt a movie using DVD Santa and I was thrilled! But every attemt since has been a bust. It takes about three hours, which is fine, except when i go to play the finished product on my dvd palyer, it won't run. My player keeps saying that the disc is not NTSC. I make sure that I selected the NTSC option and tried it again anyways, twice (many hours of waiting) but always the same message from the player. But it did work like a charm the first time. Can anybody help me? Any suggestions or advice? I'm desperate..it's taken me a week just to get this point and now I'm at a STANDSTILL.

2. tater9104

tater9104 Guest

I had some problems with dvd santa as well. It worked fine for a while, but then it began to produce files that dvd lab would not recognize a dvd compliant. I eventually broke down and uninstalled the santa and then reinstalled it. You may want to try that if you have not already.

3. jocallan

jocallan Member

I'll give that a try and let you know. Problem is that I downloaded DvdSanta. Do I re-download it again (redundant) or can I just re-install the one I have?

4. tater9104

tater9104 Guest

Just reinstall the one that you have already downloaded. I did not save my download and I had to go through heck in order to get them to resend me the download link. Sometimes just starting with a clean installation makes all the difference. I don't know why, but this often works.

5. LeoLeroy

LeoLeroy Member

Suggestion: Uninstall the original installation before reinstalling.

6. jocallan

jocallan Member

Well I completely removed it and re-installed and it is working like a charm! Thanks for all of your help!

7. calugrl

calugrl Member

I have just downloaded DVD Santa. Takes a while to encode the avi file. But when I burned the DVD. The DVD player didn't read anything. Am I doing this right? I select the avi file that I want, click Create DVD and let it encode. Then afterward, I burn the DVD. I have it in the North American player format, high quality, full screen. It all fits on the DVD without a problem. Does the Audio automatically encode and burn with the defaulted video encoded file? I'm lost. Help!!!!!