1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Please Help

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by ctcwicked, Sep 8, 2004.

1. ctcwicked

ctcwicked Member

Ok i have been doing dvd backups for awhile now using decryptor and shrink i have done over 200 flawlessly and all of a sudden everythime i try to shrink a dvd it errors with a data error cyclic redundancy error what is all of sudden wrong and how can i fix this

2. baabaa

baabaa Active member

That usually points to bad areas of the disc - unreadable data.........

Make sure the disc is clean, and also check the disc for scratches etc.......
    If after cleaning, the problem still persists, it maybe that your burner is a little dirty inside.
    Try dvd cleaning kits and also a small squirt of an air duster may do the job - but be careful whilst using compressed air, TOO much of a strong/close blast could cause damage - Always use caution........

You could also try ripping with dvd decrypter instead, sometimes it can overcome ripping issues that dvd shrink fails on..........
    _X_X_X_X_X_[small]Beware of the Pixies - they move in over night and turn your life upside down

[​IMG] [​IMG][/small]

Last edited: Sep 8, 2004
  3. MackemX

MackemX Regular member

is it the same DVD?

try using DVDDecrypter 3.5.1.0 as some DVD's have corrupt sectors on purpose to stop the likes of DVDShrink from ripping them

4. ctcwicked

ctcwicked Member

i am using the newest decryptor and its not a bad disc i have ripped it to hd but i am trying to shrink from hd so i have no clue whats wrong so any help would be great

5. baabaa

baabaa Active member

This actually reads as though you are running it from the dvd and not the HD, you will have to state it a little clearer next time - no harm done - just thought I would point that out.

Back to your issue.

Have you tried to re-rip this dvd again and tried from that file?
    It pertains to the same issue regarding the data, it is basically saying there is a problem with that file, it may have slipped through the ripping process and cannot process it now or it may have become corrupted on your hard drive (may require defragging).

Either way it would require ripping again I would assume.
    Either using dvd decrypter or dvd shrink.

6. ctcwicked

ctcwicked Member

well i have put 4 dvds on my hd to shrink but all of em end up with the same error i dont think this would happen to 4 different movies when it never has happened before so any clue what to do?

7. Veblin

Veblin Active member

Right click on your hard drive and select Properties.
    On the Tools tab select the Error-checking option.
    Check all options and and click Start.
    Your computer may have to reboot to run the Error-check.
    Report back if this finds any errors on your hard drive.

After that is done go back to the Tools tab and select Defragmentation Option.

After that is done try ripping a disc again.