1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Please please help me (WinXP)

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by BlakBeard, Aug 21, 2002.

1. KamtheMan

KamtheMan Member

Bit of an old thread this so I don't expect a reply. This is by far the best guide I have found but I am unsure of a couple of things.

When I have the two DVD 1/2 folders after stripping. I then use ifoedit to get VTS on each folders ifo files yes? Then it talks about putting files in both folders. From the ORIGINAL unstipped movie file or the stripped files, duplicating files in both? It's not too clear.

I have managed to burn a couple of films onto one file but they stutter a awful lot, the media I'm using or my stripping technique?

I don't expect a reply but I so dangerously close to success it would be great to reach the finishing line!

Kam.

Last edited: Sep 14, 2002
  2. phil1991

phil1991 Regular member

Running XP when I use msconga's guide to splitting dvd9 to 2 dvds I get an error in IFOedit that shuts me down. (closes IFOedit). I've read pretty much that is a case by case for XP. When I go to slipt to 2 folders dvd1, dvd2 thats when IFO closes. CAn anyone offer me any insight in to how to get past this?? Uhh I made it to step 4 in msconga's 15 may 2002 post in splitting dvd9 to 2 dvdr's. I also tried to download the ASPI thing but its saying I don't have the file/software installed when I try to install it on my system.
    I have all of the files and they work using my dvd player when I preview them in the playlist. Trying to copy Lord of the Rings.

3. malum

malum Regular member

If you don't rip the entire movie (all the files) with DVD decrypter then IFOedit will close down when you try and use it with XP.
    Try ripping everything off the DVD and then doing your stripping with IFOEdit

4. phil1991

phil1991 Regular member

I'm up to step 6 now using msconga's guide, I downloaded the ASPI drivers and it corrected the XP error in IFOedit, and I was able to strip...but now....
    I can't find the 'Get VTS sectors' button...HELP!
    In my IFO menu I have tools, VOB xtras, Movie only, settings..

and at the bottom tabs are...
    region free, delete playback, create tmpg, I can't click the create IFO tab, menu xtra, dvd play, preview.

5. KamtheMan

KamtheMan Member

Just to let you know I have crossed that finishing line! I have a working backup of Memento.

Everything I was doing was cool but using crap media, hence it was stuttering like a bitch.

I bought a sample pack from a website and tried a couple of the discs using the same files. Finally 'white label' discs from www.blankshop.co.uk. worked a dream.

I did use Prassi but I don't think that made a difference against nero.

For those still going for it, persevere! I think using win 2k might make things easier considering the XP problem threads I've seen.

Many thanks all who have contributed on this thread, Couldn't of done it without you.
    Till Later, Kam.

Keep trying

6. phil1991

phil1991 Regular member

Question?? What is a whitelabel Disc?? I bought a 5-pak of verbatims from Best Buy $30, and thought it was a good deal. Nice color and dvd cases. I've successfully gotten LOR ready to burn, but recordmax and roxio won't read the blank dvd in my drive. I can still burn a cd so the drive works, but when I hit the record button it continually asks 'insert blank dvd and retry' So I'm thinkin now its the media, but my blank Pioneer dvd-rw that came with my system won't even do anything. I got off the subject, I kno. Why doesn't decrypt or smartrip work once ur ready to burn a dvd9 or am I not doing something right? Decrypt isn't reading my files when I open them.
    ***I'm running XP and IFOedit works fine for me. I did however have to install/uninstall a few times, oh and ONCE I GOT THE *ASPI DRIVERS* off of their website IFO works like a charm.

7. phil1991

phil1991 Regular member

Blk Beard take a look at Derrow's guide
    http://mpucoder.kewlhair.com/Derrow/index.html
    If your still having trouble. I following the guides w. pics and I was able to 'stumble' thru successfully. Also, afterdawns 'how to' copy a dvd5 to a 4.36 guide, is so simple you can't help but to have a copied viewable dvd.