1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Please read - small request

Discussion in 'All other topics' started by Cinch, Apr 7, 2007.

1. Cinch

Cinch Regular member

I know this has nothing to do with a Tech forum, but I couldn't help but pass this on. Hopefully, posting it here will get the story out more.

Tonight while watching TV (The NHL Center Ice Package) I came across a news story that was really neat.

There is a young (7 years old) Canadian boy who has been battling cancer for more than half his life. He has a birthday coming up on May 30th. When his parents asked him what he wanted for his birthday, his only response was "Birthday cards." He wants to set the record for most birthday cards received.

So, I am asking people to send this little guy a simple birthday card. It doesn't have to be anything fancy, you don't need to include money, just send him a card. The story said he is over 33,000 cards already. So, spread this to people you know and lets help this kid get his wish.

His address is:

Shane Bernier
    Box 484
    Lancaster, Ontario
    Canada
    K0C 1N0

Thanks for the help.

2. NINVIN21

NINVIN21 Regular member

I sent one

Last edited: Apr 8, 2007
  3. Indochine

Indochine Regular member

How do you know it's for real? I knew a guy who had dozens of condolence cards sent to his house because he was "dead". it was a sick prank.

4. Cinch

Cinch Regular member

5. Indochine

Indochine Regular member

I was doubtful at first because of my friend and also I had heard of the Craig Shergold story which also gets a mention at Snopes. His family appealed for greetings cards when he was sick in 1989. he got better, but the cards did not stop coming. His family had to move house. The card request morphed into a kind of Internet chain letter, with various addresses in different versions. One address in Atlanta GA has had over 100 million greetings cards, business cards, and compliment slips, which are held by the US Postal Service and released to a local paper recycler periodically.

http://www.snopes.com/inboxer/children/shergold.htm

Last edited: Apr 10, 2007