1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Plextor PX 716A drive won't stay closed

Discussion in 'DVD / Blu-ray drives' started by jayzad, Dec 25, 2004.

1. jayzad

jayzad Member

I have a Dell 4400.
    The PC is set up with a primary IDE controller has the h/d on it, and secondary IDE controller has the Cdrw drive.
    The cdrw is set up on the secondary IDE with a 80 pin cable and the CDRW is set to cable select.

I got a new Plextor PX 716A DVD+ - RWdl Drive, and the installed on the secondary IDE. I set the Plextor to cable select, and the cdrw to cable select.
    I set the plextor to the end of the 80 pin cable, and the cdrw drive middle connector on the 80 pin cable.

The drives are being seen by Win XP in the correct order, but the drive will not stay closed. Boots up door stays open, close the door and opens right back up, put in a DVD movie and the disk opens right back up.
    Anyone had this kind of problem before.

Thanks for any help.

2. jayzad

jayzad Member

I forgot to mention after I took it out of the box, I changed the front basel from gray to black. To do this one turns the drive upside down, open the door the manual way, release the front cover; and door. Then put new ones on.
    I think something maybe wrong with one of the manual eject button (paper clip), or the regular manual eject button. Maybe they got out of position somehow.
    I’m going to remove the front basel, and check the regular eject button, (tap it) and if that does not work I think I should get it replaced under it’s new warranty. It’s brand new.

3. jayzad

jayzad Member

Ok Fixed the problem.
    Somehow when changing the front basel I guess it was out of position which caused the drive tray to keep opening.
    Thaks and Merry Christmas, and Happy New Year.