1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pokemon Pearl and Diamond Pokesav

Discussion in 'Nintendo DS' started by DVDBack23, May 9, 2007.

1. zackwas

zackwas Guest

ok thank you i wanted to say thanks to everyone for helping me expecial vbc thank you

2. snorlax22

snorlax22 Regular member

Hello,

I am going to risk geting flamed by the less mature and ask a basic stupid question.

I have read this thread and several others (and on other boards). I have Pokesav and can run that to make changes to Pokeman. I have an Action Replay DS and understand that I need to move the Pokesav created Pokemon over to the AR using the XML.

I haven't actually got anything to work yet (computer problems- another story) but I'm not sure I know what to do next.

The thing I don't get is how I save the new pokeman in my Pearl game. When I fire up Pearl using the AR I can select a bunch of cheat codes etc, but all those disappear when you fire it back up without the AR. How do the Pokesav Pokeman make it into the game and be saved?

Do I have to trade them out and back to be able to keep and save them?

Any mature response appreciated.

3. zackwas

zackwas Guest

4. snorlax22

snorlax22 Regular member

Extremely helpful Zack.

5. sora9909

sora9909 Member

hey, this has nothing to do with this game, i was just wondering. is ds lites, can you put game boy advance games in itt?

6. snorlax22

snorlax22 Regular member

7. zackwas

zackwas Guest

lol lmfao

8. vcbc

vcbc Regular member

I'm not sure, but it does save with the cheats, with this application, my guess is some cheats mess with the save file (which then get saved later) and some mess with the ram (which some stuff gets saved) ...n i donno. Some game does save with the cheats, n some messes up (prob cause it messed with teh ram n something wasn't exactly right?)

9. ianapego

ianapego Member

Here is the instructions.
    1. Start a NO$GBA and run Pokemon D/P. Start a journey and earn your first Pokemon. Save
    2. Look for the NO$GBA.INI (the configuration for NO$GBA), open with Notepad, and scroll down and look for one with the == Compressed and change it to Uncompressed.
    3. Search the NO$GBA to VBA at www.angelfire.com. Download it. At first it may have a problem, requiring the COMDLG32.OCX. Search it at the Internet and download this also and register it. The instructions are at the site too!
    4. Open the NO$GBA to VBA and click Configure. Choose Change NO$GBA.INI and browse and choose it. Choose the directory you want and I suggest at the BATTERY folder on NO$GBA. Then click on your saved game (ex. Pokemon Diamond.sav). You can rename this by typing on the textbox below. just remember to backup. Click on Convert File.
    5. Open Pokesav and click Open, locate your newly created save file (the one you make on step 4). Now begin the cheating and don't forget to change the Party Pokemon (ex.your created Party Pokemon is 6 change the Party Pokemon to 6). After that, Click on Save As and overwrite it on your save file (the one on step 4 also). Make sure you cheated enough becaese if you hacked this again, the game might crash.
    6. Rename the hacked save file just the same as the original and overwrite it too. Load the game and see the results!

10. JNMaster

JNMaster Member

As far as I know, when you save they are saved to your file, I haven't got there yet, I keep getting Bad Eggs when I use the code. Also, I can't get the XML to work, so I type the codes in my AR DS

11. ianapego

ianapego Member

How can your hacked Pokemon appear on the Pokedex (only the 2 other starter Pokemon for Sinnoh)? How can I trade it back to myself? I'm using NO$GBA. Also, when I transform it into an egg, it wouldn't hatch! Please HELP ME!!!!

12. snorlax22

snorlax22 Regular member

You sound like me. I'm still fighting a system problem and haven't had a chance to make things work yet either.

I thought you could just open the XML file in a text editor like Notepad, select the code you were interested in, and then cut and paste in the AR window so that you didn't have to retype. Maybe we're talking about different things.

13. snorlax22

snorlax22 Regular member

You would probably have better luck with your questions at the NoCash forum:
    http://forums.ngemu.com/no-gba-discussion/

14. zackwas

zackwas Guest

helo whats up

15. ianapego

ianapego Member

HI! I have a question. WHAT IS THE TITLE OF THE THREAD!!! Thank you!!

16. zackwas

zackwas Guest

\
    fine dont say hi lol

17. snorlax22

snorlax22 Regular member

Another helpful contribution from Zack.

18. DVDBack23

DVDBack23 Administrator Staff Member

zackwas,
    you should know better than to spam in a thread created by a STAFF MEMBER. Cut it out, or u can take a vacation from aD ;)

19. zackwas

zackwas Guest

oh soory i just wantedc to say hi

20. zackwas

zackwas Guest

oh soory my computer was sl0ow i i didnt know what i was doing and i didnt think my thnk posted so i kept doinmg it to it worked soooryy

=(