1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Premiere 6.5 Clip/Monitor Window Video Freeze

Discussion in 'Digital camcorders' started by Frobius, Dec 22, 2004.

1. Frobius

Frobius Member

Hey all,

okay my problem is as follows:

In Premiere 6.5, when I import a clip that I've captured using firewire into my project, when I doulble click it in the project (ie. to open it in clip window), the video plays, but the actual picture remains frozen on the 1st frame. There is no problem with the sound. This only seems to happen in clip window and on left hand window of twin view monitor window - ie clips that are not in the timeline yet. Once I put them in the timeline, they play fine in the right hand window of the monitor window.

The weird thing is that if I import a clip that I have captured on analog with my Miro DC30+, it is totally fine and plays everywhere.

Help!!!

My System spec is as follows:
    Athlon 700
    512Mb RAM
    nVidia Geforce 2 GTS
    Miro DC30+
    Adobe Premiere 6.5
    Sonic DVD-it 5
    Windows XP SP2

Could it be that I dont have enough RAM or my processor isn't up to the job?

Also, I forgot to mention, when the clip is playing (frozen on 1st frame), if I click on somehting else, like a menu or something, it kicks the video forward to the position it has reached then freezes the picture again. Combine this with Premiere tripping over itself every noew and again and it leads me to believe that my spec just isnt up to dealing with DV editing. Should I buy better kit?

Last edited: Dec 22, 2004
  2. djscoop

djscoop Active member

I've never had this problem before, but if I were to guess I'd say your 700 Athlon isn't up to the job. When you import a clip into the timeline, it automatically formats the audio so its easier for the system to playback. but when you preview something in the monitor window, it plays full quality, and maybe your processor isn't up to speed. Everything else looks okay though.