1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Problem backing up Friday night lights

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by Dawiz55, Jan 18, 2005.

1. walnut187

walnut187 Member

Friday night lights

Ok it's been figured out so far from what I can tell. So let's sum it up!
    1. Using the latest version of DVD Decrypter with ANYDVD running in the background, you can successfully decrypt this movie!

2. Using DVD Shrink choose the unreferenced materials and replace the title menu and the other 2 files under unreferenced material with a "STILL IMAGE."

3. If you have Nero then DVD Shrink will automatically burn the movie onto a disc. At least mine does.

I was also able to successfully create a re-authored version of this movie using the above steps but just exclude the still image part, seeing how you will choose re- author and not full disk.

Both of these techniques have worked for me.
    All thanks goes to Larrylje and others here on the forum. Without there knowledge I could not have finally burned the movie. Thanks for the help guys!

Sounds like I just won an award!

Last edited: Jan 18, 2005
  2. larrylje

larrylje Active member

Glad it finaly worked for you, but I cant take all the credit. I wouldnt know half of what i know if it wasnt for others in here giving the knowledge to us. You can learn alot here good people and helpfull people. I will except this reward on behalf of all the people that make this happen. Goodjob to everyone that has contrubited to the knowledge that iv recived.

3. Rushman1

Rushman1 Member

It's to big. I ended up in shrink by going to Re-A and just burning the movie and not the extras. :(

4. punx777

punx777 Regular member

hey im getting the same problem the guy earlier was having, i decrypt it fine, and when i click backup in shrink, it goes for a couple seconds and stops..... im doing a deep analysis right now and its gotten to 20 percent without stopping.

5. Ezrayah

Ezrayah Member

I had the same/similar problem. DVD Shrink would analyze FNL fine but would die during the back-up. I did mangage to do it. I re-authored the disk and backed up only the main movie file. That did the trick. Hope this helps.

6. larrylje

larrylje Active member

As stated before if you go to the unrefrenced folders and still image the unrefrenced files it should encode for you in full backup.

7. brobear

brobear Guest

I've found running AnyDVD in the background helps with the newer encrypted movies, i.e. LBB, RE2 and Forgotten. I rip with DVD Decrypter and then use those files to encode. With AnyDVD running and using the DVD Decrypter ripped files, I haven't had DVD Shrink stop at all.