1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

problem burning dvd in nero using avi created in Pinnacle Studio 9??

Discussion in 'Video - Software discussion' started by idreos, Nov 23, 2004.

1. idreos

idreos Member

I have given up on Pinnacle Studio 9. It does a great job capturing & editing but I cannot make a correctly synced DVD.

I am trying to use Nero 6 to make a DVD from the avi file on my hard disc and get a message indicating

"an unknown error occured, The current compilaton type was not supported by Nero Express. Would you like to burn it on Nero burning ROM instead?"

When I try Nero burning ROM it too fails to recognize the avi file.
    Any suggestions to solve this frustrating problem?
    Thanks for your help!

2. wwfbeef

wwfbeef Member

Yeah, don't use it! It's no good. There is software out there that will do it in one click of the mouse. I use it and it is the best I ever used. It is called NEO DVD not NERO. I have made over a hundred DVD's with this. It is made by mediostream. Have fun.

3. ScubaPete

ScubaPete Senior member

Hi there idreos, welcome to aD,

We can do it for less that $129.00 for Neo DVD. Nero's NeroVision will take your AVI to DVD BUT it cannot just be burnt, it must first be rendered meaning, it has to be changed to a different format and that takes time –

http://www.ahead.de/us/632261771103079.php

You can also use dvd Santa (for FREE w/ a watermark or $29.99 w/o)

http://www.dvdsanta.com/features.htm

Another method is TMPGEnc to go from AVI to DVD complaint DVD then TMPGEnc DVD Author to go from DVD Complaint DVD to VOB files then burn to disc.

Lastly, use our "search" feature and find more choices –

SEARCH INSTRUCTIONS:
    I know you'd want to find it yourself sooo rather than give it to you, I'll try to help you around our rather confusing "Search" feature.

Here at AfterDawn we have a super neat tool called a Search function. It's loaded with stuff that covers your question - Here, I'll show you how to use it -
    Now the following is a little confusing so stick with me ~ ~> There is a box at the top of each page that is empty and has the word "Search" printed by it. By typing in a request, in your case, "TMPGEnc" - It should give you some associated material found throughout the forums. Pple who are asking the same or similar questions and some answers to those questions. Some stuff you can use, some stuff you cannot :<(- Take a lQQk around and see if something applies or not.
    You with me up till now ? Good ! Now, after you've arrived at that page, if you can't find what you want, then, in some very small print, under the heading "FORUMS", then under that "FORUM SEARCH", you'll see "Search options" then "Site-wide search" in really tiny print. Heh, heh, Ya still with me ? Yea, I know it's messed up - Anyway, by "clicking" on that "Site-wide search", you'll get a whole ton of Guides and related information about your topic, " TMPGEnc ". I'm sorry it's so "round about" but we do have a lot of information for you :)

Browse on through that and, if you get stuck once you've begun using a guide just stop on back and we'll try to help you over whatever "bump" in the road you've hit or are having trouble with we'll try to help you get over it -

Cheers,

Pete