1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Problem Burning Sopranos Season DVD

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by CaptainD, Sep 16, 2004.

1. CaptainD

CaptainD Member

I recently got the complete seasons of the Sopranos, and wish to burn each DVD to its own DVD. I would like to know the best way at attempting this, as the file is larger then 4.7. WOuld i be able to shrink the file, and also, would it be better if i just decrypted each indvidual episode and burned as many (probably 2) to a DVD. Is it possible for me to cut out things like menus and such so i can just get the episodes onto a DVD. Thanks.

COnfused....

2. Navig8r

Navig8r Regular member

Welcome CaptainD

Use DVD Shrink

www.dvdshrink.org

its free

I used this for season 1-4 with no probs

it will shrink them all for you automatically
    I suggest using the (forgot what its called)
    but there is a way where it will double analyse it for better picture quality

any question feel free to ask let me dig up a
    guide for you

here you go

http://www.doom9.org/index.html?/mpg/dvdshrink31-main.htm

Last edited: Sep 16, 2004
  3. CaptainD

CaptainD Member

hey thanks a lot for the help, really appreciate it, one more thing would i decrypte the file in ISO format or the file format.......Thanks ill try the ISO first though, Cheers.

4. CaptainD

CaptainD Member

Im still having a problem with teh sopranos DVDS. First there copywriten, meaning that i cannot using DVD shrink staright rom teh DVD. So would that mean that i would have to first make an ISO of the movie using DVD decryptor, and then go ahead and use DVD shrink. Also if i were to do thsi would, i m ake a file, iso, or IFO. And secondly i do not really have that much space on my computer, is there another way that i can bypass the copywrite issue i am having with these dvds? Thanks.

Confused.......

5. Navig8r

Navig8r Regular member

CaptainD

You now Im kinda confused also because I backup season 1-4 with no prob, all I did was use DVDShrink

I just copied one disk at a time
    open it (analyse) then hit back up save to my hard drive (example foler name Sopranos season 1 vol 1)
    I have DVD Shrink set to automatically open nero and burn to DVD Media

after that I delete the Folder to fre space on my hard drive....and just repeat the process

I have never ran into a prob with the copy protection
    I was under the assumption that DVD Shrink over rides that

6. climbamtn

climbamtn Member

i had issues with the sopranos and just shrink on season 2 so i used decryptor then shrink and no issue. on first season i didnt need decryptor, shrink alone was enough. odd

7. CaptainD

CaptainD Member

thanx, i think the copywrite was an issue after seasons 1 and 2, because it seems that it was happening with seaosns 3 and 4. Anywayz, i think what ill do is decrpt and then shrink. thanks for the help everyone.

8. CaptainD

CaptainD Member

I wondering if i could have the exact procedure on how to go about dvd shrink. So first is open the dvd, then hit analze?, or would i just hit back up and it would shrink so it would be ready to burn. Also what would i decypt it as a ISO, File or IFO?