1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Problem loading my dashboard

Discussion in 'Xbox - General discussion' started by HawgFan, Mar 6, 2004.

1. HawgFan

HawgFan Member

I installed executer 2.3b Pro to my ver 1.3 X-box.
    I flashed all 4 banks (1meg) with the M7 bios and all seemed to go well. I got the yellow progress bar, followed by green, followed by my x-box powering off.

Now comes the problem. Now whenever I turn my x-box on, it loads the original MS X-box dashboard right away. I have my chip enabled and I've tried setting it to varios bank settings, but it doesn't seem to matter, it always boots to the original MS x-box screen.

When I put the boot disk in and cycle the power, the original MS dashboard comes up and tells me it can't read the disc.

Is my mod chip working? Shouldn't it take control of the boot process when I power on the X-Box and look for my boot disc first?

I assume my mod chip is working O.K. because the flash process worked as expected.

Help????

DJ

2. ABMone

ABMone Guest

probably the media. try another brand and [bold]no cd-rs[/bold]

3. HawgFan

HawgFan Member

Can anybody tell me if I'm doing something wrong?
    Here's what I've done so far:

- Used XISO to create an ISO file (evolutionx 3935 dashboard) containing
    -- default.xbe
    -- evox.ini
    -- Dummy folder (100Meg)
    -- Skin, Trainers, Trainers Source Folders

- Burned using Nero 6.3 on media I know works with my X-Box (I used the same media to flash my bios and play music on my x-box)

When I burn the ISO file using Nero 6.3, do I need to do anything special?
    Here's what I'm doing:
    - Under Multisession tab, I have "CD-ROM (ISO)" icon selected on the left column and "No Multisession" selected
    - Under ISO tab, I have ISO Level 1, Mode 1, ISO 9660, and "Joliet" box is not checked
    - I'm burning at slowest possible (1X)

After burning the dashboard ISO as described above, I put it in my xbox and re-boot. The original X-Box dashboard comes up with a message saying it can't recognize the disc currently in the drive.

Thanks for any help!

4. HawgFan

HawgFan Member

Finally figured it out!!!!!!!!

I used the method described in the tutorial found here: http://www.xbox-scene.com/articles/nero6-files.php

The problem was I was creating an ISO first, using XISO, then trying to burn it onto a disc with Nero 6.3. I got it to work by just copying the files directly (don't make an ISO first, let Nero do all the work) using the method described in the tutorial.

Thanks for the help! I'm a f^$*ing idiot!!