1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Problem reading DVD's

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by kimot, Feb 4, 2005.

1. kimot

kimot Guest

Hello, Can anyone help me with this problem. I have tried to copy my DVD's and I have a problem with some. I use DVD Shrink and Nero. What happens is DVD Shrink will start to analyze then stop with an error message: Cyclic Redudancy Check, what does this mean. Please let me know, Thank you. Kimo

2. larrylje

larrylje Active member

Most commen reason you get that error is either copy protection DVDShrink cant encode or a dirty disc or scratched disc.

You need to download the newest verison of DVD Decrypter and rip the files to your hard drive then run DVDShrink from the files Decrypter rips. This will take off any copy protection that DVDShrink might not bebale to read.

OR

Download AnyDVD its a trial version software but gets around most encrypted copy protection out there.

Also make sure that the DVDs are clean and scratch free.

Them are just a few of the more likly solutions you can do to correct the error your getting.

3. saugmon

saugmon Senior member

If larrylje's solutions don't help, You may be able to use dvd decrypter. Download the free program then edit in it's preferences-"rip with brute force" and "ignore all read errors". This has helped on some members,but I had no luck with it.

The newer encryptions also are giving us that crc error and making it harder to tell if it is a damaged disc or the encryption.Anydvd running in the background should fix those newer encrypted dvd's.
    Good Luck

4. brobear

brobear Guest

kimot
    Just thought I'd add my support to the methods proposed here. Very sound. AnyDVD and DVD Decrypter are excellent tools. http://www.slysoft.com and http://www.dvddecrypter.com I leave AnyDVD running in the background all the time. It's especially important during the rip and encode processes on some movies. AnyDVD is worth everything I paid for it. Also, making sure the discs are free of smudges is important. If discs are scratched up too much, I use a resurfacing tool like Skip Dr.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 5, 2005
  5. kimot

kimot Guest

Thanks to all of you for the advise. Very much appreciated.
    kimot