1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Problem with Burrn

Discussion in 'Audio' started by sebx, Jan 22, 2012.

1. sebx

sebx Member

Hi,
    I'm trying to burn flac files through BURRN. I press ADD, highlight the tracks that I want to burn and press ENTER - however invariably not all the tracks are added. I've just tried to add 13 tracks but only 10 are added. I tried then to add the extra tracks individually but it's like they don't exist. If I press CLEAR and try to add the extra tracks they still don't appear. My CD-R disc is big enough to hold all the tracks. If I try long enough, turning BURRN off and on it occasionally adds all the tracks. As BURRN is obviously the software of choice for burning FLAC files any advice very welcome!

2. Mez

Mez Active member

I don't use Burrn because it is problematic. Most burn problems posted in this forum relate to Nero, the rest relate to Burrn. The people that complain still feel the software they use is the best possible software to use. My opinion is why use software that tends to screw up even if those cases are rare. Both software packages sometimes the screw up the audio quality on an obvious level. Who knows how often they screw up the quality just a little bit. It is unfathomable to me why software that screws with the quality could be the best software to use. I can only guess those users put more value on features than quality.

3. sebx

sebx Member

Much obliged for the interesting thoughts - I shall mull your thoughtful words over!
    Cheers

4. Mez

Mez Active member

I have 2 suggestions. Free Mediamonkey or a paid for dbPowerAmp reference edition. The latter is the top of the line. That will even allow you to make perfect duplicates by ripping and burning CDas. That means the correction data is copied from the original as well as the audio. I feel that is unnecessary and extreme but it appeals to some.

5. sebx

sebx Member

Thanks for the info - I'll check them out
    cheers