1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

problem with finding a file

Discussion in 'All other topics' started by nixit, Nov 1, 2004.

1. nixit

nixit Guest

hi folks,
    there's this file id like to find and delte but i just can't find it. C:\RECYCLER\S-1-5-21-1960408961-413027322-725345543-1000
    Dc10.dll
    does anyone know how to find it?

2. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

go thru windows explorer to c: & you'll find recycled not recycler. highlite recycled, edit, select all, delete

3. nixit

nixit Guest

could u be a little more specific please? i'm not quite sure what u mean.

4. ddp

the folder is recycled not the recycled bin, at least in win98se & i think same for xp but you were saying recycler

5. nixit

nixit Guest

i can't find the folder recycled either.

6. ddp

reason can't find folder is it is hidden, just confirmed it on my computer with win98se as i leave all hidden stuff unhidden. what version windows using

7. nixit

nixit Guest

im using windows xp

8. ddp

it is hidden in yours, go thru windows explorer, go to tools at the top, click on it, go to folder options, click on it, go to view & you'll see hidden files, click on show all hidden file & click ok & all hidden files are now in the open including recycled folder

9. CJC

CJC Regular member

Hey

Double Click on Windows Explorer (or My Computer will do) Go to the Tools Menu, then scroll down to Folder Options. Now you should see a few tabs, General, View, File Types, Offine Files. Click on the 'View' tab.
    Now half way down yo should see 'Hidden Files and Folders' then two options. Select the Second one 'Show Hidden Files and Folders'
    Click on OK.

There should be a folder called "RECYCLER" which will have a S-1-5-21etc folder in it, that is your actual recycle bin.

Just double click on the folder. Now there is all the files thats in the Recycle Bin.

Either from the File Menu, there should be Empty Recycle bin, or if you right click inside the right hand side, then select Empty Recycle Bin.

CJC

10. nixit

nixit Guest

the hidden folder option was already on. so where should the folder appeir?

11. ddp

in the open part of the harddrive at least it is in win98se, everything is alphabetical so you should see it under the "r". use file/folder find & see what comes up

12. nixit

nixit Guest

nope it's not there. and when i use the file/folder find it does not appeir! this is weird >_<

13. CJC

CJC Regular member

Hey....

Actually...

Double Click on Windows Explorer (or My Computer will do) Go to the Tools Menu, then scroll down to Folder Options. Now you should see a few tabs, General, View, File Types, Offine Files. Click on the 'View' tab.
    Now half way down yo should see Hide Protected operating system files (recommended) Select the Take the tick out of it.

Now do you see RECYCLER, you should now, cause its a hidden system file.

CJC

14. nixit

nixit Guest

yeah i got it now!^^ i think i did it wrong before. thanks a lot for ure help guys, ure really cool!^^
    problem solved.

15. CJC

CJC Regular member

No problems, glad u got it workin.

CJC