1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

problem with irobot dvd

Discussion in 'Video playback problems' started by nickis, Jan 9, 2005.

1. nickis

nickis Member

i backed up my copy of irobot with dvd decypter and dvd shrink. i did a full dick copy so that id have the menus and extras, however when i play back the dvd, a voice commentary comes on and even if i turn it off, it keeps on comming back up. is there any way to burn again to keep this from happening or is there a different way i should copy the dvd?, thanks for any advice.

2. zombieman

zombieman Regular member

are you playing the movie on your computer (if so, what software are you using) or are you playing it on a standalone?

3. nickis

nickis Member

ive tried it on the computer and a few different standalones. on the computer im using 'power dvd' fpr playback. also when looking in dvd shrink and going over to the author menu and previewing the files from there the commentary also comes up. im wondering if it was encoaded into the sound for the movie, and the option for turning it off when i copies it isnt working correctly.

4. zombieman

zombieman Regular member

when you reauthor the dvd you have a audio option. you know, english 2ch, english 4ch, french 2ch, etc... well you also have a comentary audio option on alot of movies also. did you choose a specific audio or did you keep them all. if you did choose one specific audio then Perhaps you choose the commentary audio by accident. if you are doing all the audio features on the disk then simply deselect the commentary and keep the rest. that would be a way around it anyway. although you wouldnt never be able to play the commentary during playback if you did do this.

Last edited: Jan 14, 2005