1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Problem with SBC Yahoo DSL

Discussion in 'All other topics' started by raryke, Mar 27, 2005.

1. raryke

raryke Member

Ive been using sbc yahoo dsl for a couple years now then all the sudden i cant load any web pages it just sits there so for the hell of it i signed up for the 2 month free trial of AOL through dial up and sure enough all web pages load fine when i am connected to SBC i can still use kazzaa and winmx or anything else that connects to the internet but web pages just wont load i have no idea whats wrong

2. Mr_Del

Mr_Del Regular member

Try cleaning out your temporary internet files folder. Sounds like it is very full. In this case do it in safe mode will clear out faster. If this folder is huge it will take time to delete. The program will appear to be locked up but it is not. In IE click tools then internet options. Click on delete files. Its up to you to delete cookies.

If this resolves your problem There is a way to prevent it. Click on tools then internet options. Go to the Advanced tab. Scroll down to the security section. Put a check on "Empty temporary internet folder when browser is closed"

Good luck
    -Del

3. raryke

raryke Member

Ive tried cleaning out everything i even reinstalled windows but something must have got left behind whatever is causing this problem cause it was working fine for a long time but the thing i dont get is aol dial up works fine i can view all web pages thats how im here right now

4. Mr_Del

Mr_Del Regular member

AOL uses netscape software. Are you only using Dial-up for SBC? If so try another dial up number. If AOL is working for you on Dial-up and SBC is not then there must be something wrong on SBC end. Have you tried contacting SBC tech support. From what I remember they have a good support team. Seems all Bell Companies have good support.

If your using SBC DSL you could have a bad modem or it needs to be power cycled. Either way you should call SBC.

-Del

Last edited: Mar 28, 2005
  5. raryke

raryke Member

yeah im connecting through aol using dial up and sbc is DSL ill try contacting them tomorrow and see what they say about the problem and i also tried the power cycle thing but that didnt work niether ill keep posted

6. raryke

raryke Member

Well got it fixed im not sure what i did but it just started working out of nowhere thanks for the responses