1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

problems after installing new drivers

Discussion in 'Video playback problems' started by arturs7, Mar 21, 2007.

1. arturs7

arturs7 Member

After i upgraded my nvidia geforce 2 mx-400 drivers, now when i play video xvid or divx-5(DIV3 and DIV5 play well) on media player classic, my CPU goes 100% and it's lagging picture. when i watch those video with VLC, everything goes well. I tried uninstalling new drivers and set up old ones, but this problem won't dissappear. Maybe there's something left from these new drivers? some acceleration or other function, have no idea. can't figure it out. does someone know what the problem could be? thanks.

2. bmccoy1

bmccoy1 Member

Did you uninstall your old drivers first? With G-force you need to do this or you may have problems.

3. arturs7

arturs7 Member

that's the point, i did everything how nvidia manual tells - i uninstalled old drivers, installed new one. then uninstalled new, installed old, but this lagging problem doesn't seem to disappear. and it happens only when playing MPEG-4 and DIvX5 files. i guess it has to be related with direct show streaming or something, but could not get what exactly i should do to disable this.

4. celtic_d

celtic_d Regular member

The video driver should only effect the renderer, although different decoders may output to different colourspaces which can effect the renderer.

Try changing Xvid's output colourspace.

5. arturs7

arturs7 Member

Tried all possible colourpsaces. Nothing changes. guess i've left only format option..