1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Problems backing up Wolfenstein?

Discussion in 'Xbox - General discussion' started by Bottz, May 18, 2003.

1. Bottz

Bottz Member

Anyone having trouble backing up Wolfenstein? I have patched the default.xbe file and my bakcup still doesn not work. Any suggestions?
    Thanks
    Bottz

2. Bottz

Bottz Member

Anyone out there please help!!!!

3. nfg48

nfg48 Member

sdsd

4. nfg48

nfg48 Member

I am having the same problem... I have the executor2 lite and a maxtor 120 gig hard drive. I copied wolfenstein into my hard drive and when i try to play it, it will only reboot to the evox dash. i have .3752. The only way I can play it from the hard drive is if I have the disk in there already.... PLEASE HELP.

5. MJ70

MJ70 Guest

You have to patch the 4 *.XBE files. Non of the patch programs work with this game so you have to do it manually.

6. Bottz

Bottz Member

Thanks for the help now my next question would be, how do you manually patch the .xbe files? I currently use the XBE Patcher 2.0.exe program to patch the backups. What do you suggest I do. I am also noticing a problem recording Burnot 2. I am gussing the a lot of the newer games are going to be harder to copy. Please lend a hand and shout out some suggestions here. Thanks all
    Bottz

7. dao

dao Member

Hi all,right all you need to do is use Craxtion xbe patcher this checks for 2 media flags and patches the offending flag

8. melw

melw Guest

Anybody know where i can get the Craxtion Patcher from ?

9. darthnip

darthnip Moderator Staff Member

it took me 5 attempts to finally get RTCW backed up, and craxtion was the only program that worked for me. i only patched the main default.xbe, not all 4, but i believe craxtion does this for you anyway as it makes the image. you can get craxtion here - http://users.bestweb.net/~jltech/craxtion/ - and the patcher is built in as a seperate tool.

10. melw

melw Guest

Cheers Darthnip.....MUCH APPRECIATED!!!!

11. higgy55

higgy55 Guest

Thanks darthnip, you're method was spot on! had tried twice to no avail but now have success!

12. darthnip

cool, glad to hear it.

13. wongie_jm

wongie_jm Regular member

i tried what you said darthnip and it still would not work. Any other suggestions? Thanx

14. darthnip

--wongie-- did you patch the xbe's with the xbe patcher in craxtion? it's under the tools menu. also, i have noticed that sometimes craxtion will say the iso was created successfully but the progress bar will stop at 94% or something like that. even though it said it was done, it wasn't. when you're making thr xISO's make sure craxtion's progress bar says 99% so you'll know it's done. what media are you putting it on? what speed are you burning it at?

15. wongie_jm

wongie_jm Regular member

yeah i did patch it, and it says 99% then finish. i am using the sony dvd+rw to test it (2x speed which i always used) and, yes, i used full erase first. i tried both GDFimage and the Craxtion isomaker.

16. Dank

Dank Regular member

I had no probs with this game at all..
    Patched the default.xbe file
    FTPd to my xbox
    turned on xbox
    played wolfenstein
    made an ISO with GDFImage and back-up to DVD so if my drive ever fails i still got it

17. RichS

RichS Member

Try turning off all 'In Game Resets' in the xbox system settings...the game should play ok then!

18. SHOTOKAI

SHOTOKAI Guest

I HAVE PROBLEMS WITH MY CRAXTION WHEN I TRIED TO OPEN CRAXTION I RECEIVED THIS MESSAGE: SYSTEM ERROR &H8007007E (-2147024770). THE SPECIFIED MODULE COULD NOT BE FOUND. CAN ANYBODY HELPME PLEASE. THE .OCX ARE OK AND I DONTKNOW WHATS THE PROBLEM

19. darthnip

try reinstalling it and using that other file they give you for the OCX fix on the site. sounds like it just pooped out on ytou, mine did that once too and after i reinstalled it fixed it.

20. SHOTOKAI

SHOTOKAI Guest

PLEASE SOMEONE TELLME HOW TO INSTALL CRAXTION CORRECTLY STEP BY STEP.