1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Problems Burning DVD's

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by dblofive, Jan 27, 2007.

1. dblofive

dblofive Member

I have a Lite-On DVDRW SHM-165H6S

The discs I'm using are DVD+R Sony's. It is a compatable disc, it's been checked.

I backed up two dvd's already using Decrpyter, Shrinker, etc. When I did the third, I decrpted it, shrunk it, then went to burn just as I had the two before it (usiung DVD Decrypter), and I got an error that says "Device Not Ready (Medium Not Present - Tray Closed)". I've tried restarting time and time again. I've tried system resoters, among other things. Now I can't even get the driver to read a DVD, let alone burn one. What's going on? How do I fix it>

2. JVC

JVC Active member

Try this:
    Go into your Device Manager, and find your drive. Right click on it, and choose "Uninstall". After it uninstalls, reboot, and let Windows detect new hardware, and install new a driver for you.
    Good luck!

You can also check to see if your drive has a firmware upgrade available. Check here: http://codeguys.rpc1.org/firmwares.html

3. rbrock

rbrock Regular member

Sony disc are JUNK you will make more coasters than movies If you only have one drive you must take the movie out and put a blank in, its then ready to burn and go buy Verbatim DVDRs for movies, you will be thrilled at the difference,they work and Sony's don't !!

4. gwendolin

gwendolin Senior member

@rbrock,

I am absolutely amazed that you would make comments like this, I only use and recommend 2 brands of discs, Verbatim and Sony (made in japan)and they have NEVER let me down.

where do you get the information that Sony are JUNK??

5. rbrock

rbrock Regular member

I have not been able to find Sony made in Japan disc I wish I could maybe I would have a different outlook

6. gwendolin

gwendolin Senior member

So therefore your statement of Sony being junk just doesnt hold water, maybe you should Sony (NON Japanese made) are , in YOUR opinion, JUNK.....until they fail me I will continue to sing their praises, I do however prefer Verbatims.

7. rbrock

rbrock Regular member

Whatever