1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Problems Connecting Xbox

Discussion in 'Xbox - General discussion' started by WildBomb, Apr 7, 2005.

1. WildBomb

WildBomb Member

Hey peeps I'm in need of help. I've been fine up to now with connecting my PC and Xbox via FlashFXP but for some strange reason it just won't connect anoymore. I have been doing the same method for a long time now, haven't backed up a game since the release of Soul Calibur 2 and since then the only change I can think done to my PC is the installation of a Wireless NIC and I'm now running Service Pack 2. The things is, I'm not using the Windows Firewall and Disable both Norton Antivirus Auto-Protect and Norton Internet Security before trying to connect with FlashFXP. I've done much research about this but can't find anything, all I know is there are loads of ppl out there who are having the same problem as me, where it just won't work for them all of a sudden. What seems to be a similar pattern is that they all have Wireless NICs connnecting to a Router for their Net connection and have multiple NICs installed in their PC.

2. WildBomb

WildBomb Member

I have 2 network cards installed in my pc aswell as a wireless network card that I use for my internet connection, connected to a wireless router. One of the two normal network cards are disabled and the other is used to connect to my xbox via a crossover cable. Under the internet protocol (tcp/ip) settings for the xbox connection I have 192.168.0.1 for my IP address and 255.255.255.0 for my subnet mask. Default gateway is left blank as well as prefered dns server and alternate dns server. When booting my evox dvd-r v1.8.2594 I get the following settings listed:

[Network]

SetupNetwork = Yes
    StaticIP = No
    Ip = 192.168.0.3
    Subnetmask = 255.255.255.0
    Defaultgateway = 192.168.0.1
    DNS1 = 0.0.0.0
    DNS2 = 0.0.0.0

[FTP]

Enable = Yes
    Password = xbox

Again, I'm quite positive it has nothing to do with my settings as it has never failed to connect before, only recently. I would greatly appreciate if anyone can point out where I'm going wrong. Obviously when connecting to the xbox via flashfxp I conenct using the ip address: 192.168.0.3 and both username and password as: xbox

3. WildBomb

WildBomb Member

I have tried pinging my xbox through dos all I get is timed out 4 times and the same with flashfxp 'Connection Failed (Connection Timed Out)'

4. WildBomb

WildBomb Member

I definately haven't forgot the settings I've used for the xbox and doubt I have for my pc's nic. The thing is I have the evo dash lying around somewhere on my xbox's hdd and its .ini so there is no way of creating a new evo x disc and connecting with different settings is there? Also if possible what build shall I use cause I tried creating an iso out of 3935 burning it to a cd-rw but it will not boot like the old v1.8.458 and v.1.8.2594 :(

5. Datalife

Datalife Regular member

Try StaticIP=Yes

6. WildBomb

WildBomb Member

But how? You can't change settings when booting via disc and I can't seen to find a evox that will boot up anyomore.

7. Datalife

Datalife Regular member

Ok, same problem with my son's pC.FlashFXP can not connect to Xbox but Xbox can connect to Xlink playing online on his PC which is also wireless USB but has a built in NIC.Did u try to connect your Xbox straight to the router with regular cat5 cable? That's how how he do it when he's using FlashFXP.And also check this setting on FlashFXP:

Using FlashFxp:

turn off "show hidden files option. Make sure the type of files you are x-fering are listed in the known file block, or just turn it on to auto

8. WildBomb

WildBomb Member

no woz, problem sorted :)