1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Problems installing after burning.

Discussion in 'CD-R' started by sabian, Aug 10, 2003.

1. sabian

sabian Member

Three bins and cue files, mounted with daemon tools. They mount perfectly, decided to burn to cd, they seem to burn fine. Installing from cd creates error messages, crc error...catastrophic failure... What's going wrong? I can mount and install from daemon directly, but can not install from the three burnt 700mb CDs. I don't really wish to keep the bin files on my hdd as they take about hdd space and i'm quite low on hdd space atm. Any solutions appreciated. Ta.

Acer 20x10 - cdr/rw drive.
    Nero - burning software

2. Praetor

Praetor Moderator Staff Member

1. What games
    2. Did you burn them correctly? (mode, sector size, copy protection, burn speed)
    3. ASPI?
    4. Could it be your burner is on its death bed?

3. sabian

sabian Member

Run away a road adventure. Also happened to another bin - bandits phoniex rising.

I used the 'burn image' feature with Nero. I burnt the discs at 20x.

I am using the latest aspi from adaptec 4.70.

I've had the burner for over 2yrs, had no problems burning straight forward data, i.e. avi, mp3s, and other types of file, etc.

4. Shoey

Shoey Guest

Use ClonyXXL and scan the virtual stealth drives you created with Daemon Tools to determine what cd protection is on the images. It's "possible" these games are Safedisc 2.x cd protected, which would require a "2 sheep burner". Emulation with Daemon Tools or Alcohol 120% seems to be unstable.... If the images are SecuROM 4.83 cd protected then you'll need to create (or download) bwa or mdf files.

ClonyXXL:http://www.afterdawn.com/software/cdr_software/cdr_tools/clonyxxl.cfm

Shoey :)_X_X_X_X_X_[small]Certified Computer Technician
    http://www.afterdawn.com/general/legal.cfm
    Mobo: MSI KT4VL-6712
    CPU: AthlonXP Barton 2500+
    Ram: 512 SD-DDR (PC-2700)
    nVidia GeForce4 MX440-8x
    Maxtor ATA\133 80 gig hd
    DVD-ROM: LiteOn LTD 165H
    CDRW: Memorex52MAXX 2452[/small]

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 11, 2003
  5. sabian

sabian Member

I've d/l ed the application ClonXXL, it's in german...Is there another link for an English version? Also i have no idea what you mean by '2 sheep burner'.

6. Shoey

Shoey Guest

ClonyXXL is written in German& English m8. Open ClonyXXL then go to Options\Tools and select the British flag.

Shoey :)

7. Praetor

Praetor Moderator Staff Member

2 Sheep Burner: always, everytime, all the time able to correctly do EFM whereas 1-sheeper can only do it most of the time :)

8. Shoey

Shoey Guest

Your burner is your problem m8. Acer can backup Safedisc 2.0.x (C&C Red Alert 2) without the aid of emulation. The images mounted with Daemon Tools run fine simply because of no ATIP check. You need a "2 sheep burner" like Lite-On, Asus, MemorexMAXX, Polaroid BurnMAX. Try Blindwrite Suite and in the go to settings>enhance weak sectors>burn DAO pw at 8x. Open Daemon Tools Safedisc(leave in system tray\startup) emulation and play the backups in your [bold] cd burner [/bold]

Shoey :)__X_X_X_X_X_[small]Certified Computer Technician
    http://www.afterdawn.com/general/legal.cfm
    Mobo: MSI KT4VL-6712
    CPU: AthlonXP Barton 2500+
    Ram: 512 SD-DDR (PC-2700)
    nVidia GeForce4 MX440-8x
    Maxtor ATA\133 80 gig hd
    DVD-ROM: LiteOn LTD 165H
    CDRW: Memorex52MAXX 2452[/small]

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 12, 2003