1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Problems reading/copying my copied DVD's

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by satsuma, Mar 22, 2005.

1. Rotary

Rotary Senior member

hi

i am useing 6608 nero and i have a pioneer 106 with hacked firmware 108, not a problem here!

?

2. ByteMstr

ByteMstr Member

Update: the discs that do have this error this are "Open, not finalized" in Nero's InfoTool... so perhaps for some reason the discs aren't closed even though "No Multisession" was clicked in the compilation properties.

Edit: DVD Decrypter confirms the Disc status as "Incomplete"!! So it isn't media after all, there is a problem with Nero not finishing up after burning.

Edit2: The error DVD Decrypter gives when you try to close the disc is that there is: [bold]Session Fixation Error: Incomplete Track in Session[/bold].

Edit3: I'm not so sure 6.6.0.6 is working/was the working version on that machine. I installed 6.6.0.3 after using the clean-tool and now it works as it should. Ergo it's not the media as they are all from the same batch. I'm pretty sure the problems are caused NERO doesn't fixate the track/session so it's impossible to close the disc.

Unfortunately, DVD+RW discs are unsuitable for testing; they work fine and this information is hidden in InfoTool for RW discs.

CD-Rs work fine, the problem is only with DVD+R (and maybe DVD-R).

Edit 4: I've confirmed the same problem is in 6.6.0.12 and 6.6.0.13, going back to 6.6.0.3 fixes the problem. Also, I brought over a DVD-R (instead of DVD+Rs) and the DVD-R is written fine! Pop in a DVD+R and it will won't close the track properly. Very strange behaviour. As I said, the same DVD+Rs are written fine in 6.6.0.3

Last edited: May 18, 2005