1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Problems with Ati X800 pro in K8N Neo Platinum

Discussion in 'PC hardware help' started by liaxpos, Sep 26, 2004.

1. liaxpos

liaxpos Member

Hi There!

I can see that many of you have an ati radeon X800 pro and a msi k8n neo platinum motherboard wich is very frustrating for me.... Well, this is the big favor that I need.... I recently bought the exact parts, with and amd athlon 64 3200+ and 1 Gb DDR ram and blablablabla.... but I can't get my X800 to work with the motherboard... I've read in some places that there's no support for this video card in that main board, in fact MSI have no tests with both of them.... so I thought that I'll have to return the ati and get another such as 9800XT or something like that, but I don't want to... I really like the X800

The thing is that I installed the card and when I turn on my computer everything looks terrible.... you can't really see nothing on the screen, there's colored blocks everywhere.... something's not good there... so... do any of you had any problem with those two or it's just me and the thing is that my video card is wreck?

Well... thanks to any who can help me!

LIA-XPoS

Note: I've already updated my bios to 1.4 version with the msi live update, and there's a beta for the 1.52 but I don't want to use it unless it's 100% necesary!
    Note 2: Excuse my english (not my native language)

2. liaxpos

liaxpos Member

Ok, now I really need help... after a lot of reading I decided to flash my bios to 1.52, but it doesn't fix the problem, I still can't use my Radion X800 pro... now I'm becoming desperate!... I really don't want to take my VC back to the store and get it replaced, unless the reason for such malfunctioning is that the video card if damaged...

Need support! please! anyone!

It can't be impossible, 'cause I've saw that many people have K8N Neo and Radeon X800 pro working together!.... so.... HELP!!

LIA-XPoS