1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Problems with AVI playback

Discussion in 'DVD players' started by shark726, Jan 20, 2005.

1. shark726

shark726 Member

I recently purchased a Philips DVP 642 and Canon A95 camera to use for underwater photos and AVI movies. I cannot get the DVP to recognize the AVI format. I called technical support from Philips but they could not give me any assistance. Does the unit play AVI files without converting? What is the easiest procedure to allow me to put the AVI files on a CD-R and play them on the DVP642. The files all play perfectly on the computer but I can only view stills on the DVP. The AVI files will not play and post a codec not supported message.

Thanks

2. spacedust

spacedust Regular member

Download Video toolbox and drop the .avi file in. see what compression there using. Once you find out what compression there using you should be able to convert I would not think it's a uncompressed .avi file sizes would be huge. If it is an uncompressed .avi you could convert that to just about anything to play on DVP. If it is some propitary compression canon is using your screwed.

Good Luck

Spacedust..

3. shark726

shark726 Member

Thanks for the information. Any idea where I can download video toolbox?

Last edited: Feb 4, 2005
  4. spacedust

spacedust Regular member