1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Problems with my ipod

Discussion in 'iPod discussion' started by Pic00, Mar 18, 2007.

1. Pic00

Pic00 Member

I have a 4th generation ipod and for some reason, my ipod can't be read on my computer. My itunes can read it but I'm not allowed to add songs. If I have songs on my itunes, it automatically adds it but can't be played from my ipod on itunes. Can someone help me out and fixing this problem?

2. jazo132

jazo132 Guest

Try downloading the newest version of iTunes here:
    http://www.apple.com/itunes/download/

Then update your iPod with the latest firmware available with the new iTunes. If this doesn't work, please post back. ;-)

3. Pic00

Pic00 Member

Yeap...tried that and nothing. It's odd. I mean when I hook up the USB to my computer, it reads the computer and updates my ipod with any songs I have on my itunes. After that, it says "ipod finised syncing and you can disconnect." When that appears, I can't play my songs from my ipod in itunes, can't change or add playlist, can't do anything with my ipod.

4. jazo132

jazo132 Guest

Have you tried restoring it?

5. Pic00

Pic00 Member

Yeap...this is what I did so you have the idea of my situation. I restored my ipod since it somehow got messed up. After I did that, I downloaded the latest version of itunes. Then, I plugged my ipod up to my computer and it is shown in my itunes BUT won't let me add, change or do anything to the ipod. All it does after I plug it in is sync. So I really don't know what is wrong with my ipod and itunes. It also doesn't show up in "my computer." So any ideas?

6. jazo132

jazo132 Guest

I don't get it, you can't add songs but it syncs? Kind of an oxymoron LOL. I'll look into your problem but does it sync or not?

7. Pic00

Pic00 Member

Thanks guys!! It actually helped. Now another question, for some reason when I play a song from my ipod, it would play for a minute or so then pause then comes back. I don't know why it's lagging. Any suggestions?

8. jazo132

jazo132 Guest

Try resetting the iPod (Hold the Menu and Center buttons until the apple logo appears).

9. Pic00

Pic00 Member

alright well, i resetted the ipod and messed up my itunes. I now can't open up itunes without my cpu freezing. What now?

10. jazo132

jazo132 Guest

Seems like a computer problem to me if it's freezing.

11. Pic00

Pic00 Member

Alright I fixed my ipod. I restored it and did everything to fix it. I reinstalled my songs and so forth but it still has some problems. It freezes on occasion and it'll cut a song off and go to the next. So my resolution was hitting it against my wall. It works now. Thanks for all the help guys. If I have any more problems I know where to go. One more thing, do you guys know how to make some songs at the same volume? I sometimes download songs and it's soft. Any suggestions?

12. jazo132

jazo132 Guest

In iTunes, go to Edit --> Playback. Then you can change the volume settings in there.