1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

problems with RAM

Discussion in 'Windows - General discussion' started by fkcast, Jul 30, 2007.

1. fkcast

fkcast Member

Help! i just installed windows vista and all my files have been erased but my RAM is at 90%! Does that mean that all my files are hidden in there? and if yes how can i extract them...or just plain free up my RAM?!

2. krj15489

krj15489 Active member

vista is a resource hog and if its using 90% then you probably only have 500mb. your data is not in the ram and if you want to free it up go to start run msconfig and stop a bunch of vistas startup programs and aero and sidebar. also you might want to upgrade your ram

3. fkcast

fkcast Member

how do i do that..also every time i restart i have to choose run on windows vista...how do i prevent that?

4. krj15489

krj15489 Active member

to upgrade your ram you need to find out what kind of ram you have then purchase more of it. then just stick it in an empty slot. and im not sure what you mean with the last part of you post.

5. fkcast

fkcast Member

well every time i turn the computer on and off i have to pick windows vista on the boot screen...why is that ?

6. krj15489

krj15489 Active member

well do you have any other operating systems installed? that is a boot manager and it is not going to go away.

7. krj15489

krj15489 Active member

well do you have any other operating systems installed? that is a boot manager and it is not going to go away.